Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
• Managing and checking the overall server health and functionality
• Monitoring SharePoint disk space usage through the built-in SharePoint reports for each site collection
• Managing SharePoint permissions
• Analyzing and reporting upon SharePoint usage and activity
• Moving/copying/Migrating (Lotus Notes) sites
• Supporting network load balancing needs and ensuring its correct operation (NLB)
• Regular review of the events and messages reported in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor
• Regular review, clean-up, management and configuration of SharePoint accounts and sites. This portion of the role will work closely with an Active Directory administrator.
• Regularly analyzing SharePoint content and storage
• Monitoring SharePoint trends (e.g. site usage and growth, disk space usage and growth)
• Setting up alerts and enforcing policies
• Regularly auditing your SharePoint environment
• Identifying and reporting governance violations
• SQL / Farm backups and restores (plan for backup and restore and maintain the SLA)
• SQL Maintenance
• SQL Security & Performance Tuning
• Checking for & applying operating system, SQL Server and SharePoint patches and cumulative updates.
• Windows operating system and hardware – Basic administration of a server including service packs and hot fixes.
• General knowledge of networking – IP, DNS, Load Balancing as well as the concepts of Availability, Scalability, and Maintainability. This person should also understand firewalls, encryption and security zones.
• Internet Information Server (IIS) and the basic operation of websites, Application Pools, IIS Administration, the IIS Metabase, Ports, SSL Certifications (security certificates and wildcard certificates)
• Microsoft SQL Server - Advanced SQL Server operation, tuning, transaction log selection, backup and recovery, and maintenance planning. Since SharePoint is completely supported by a Microsoft SQL Server database, the SharePoint Administrator is expected to be knowledgeable at the database level.
• SharePoint working knowledge of Central Administration, STSADM, and more so now, the PowerShell administration modules. SharePoint Event Log troubleshooting, search administration and troubleshooting, concepts of a farm and the planning and implementation of Service Packs and Cumulative Updates.
• Debugging skills and techniques for each of these areas identified above – troubleshooting issues can occur within or across one-to-many of these areas.