Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
OCTO is providing Project Management support services to the Office of Engineering Services within the Office of Deputy Director Management Support at the District of Columbia Department of Corrections (DCDOC). Primary responsibility is the project management of Offender Management System (OMS) software upgrade project, at the Central Detention Facility (CDF) aka the DC Jail, from the development of the test environment through testing, end user acceptance and project completion. Incumbent will focus on meeting project commitments, deadlines and ensuring successful delivery of project deliverables as per contract requirements. Incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of project management including scope management, risk management, budget management, vendor management and project documentation. Incumbent will report to the Chief Engineer of the District of Columbia Department of Corrections. Incumbent will not have any supervisory responsibility.
This project is expected to take upwards of 12 months to complete. The services required by this position are to provide project management/coordination services for the DOC OMS project.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Meet with Team Leads, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Developers to plan work as the projects advance.
• Ability to use issue tracking tools and adhere to basic software development lifecycle processes, including Agile methodologies (Scrum).
• Expertise in organizing tasks, translating priorities to a plan and remaining flexible as requirements change throughout the project.
• Communicate user requirements and issue priorities to Developers and other team members.
• Document decisions and plans for the team, including issues.
• Follow up with team members to check on status of issues and reports status to the team.
• Work in close collaboration with Business Analysts, Team Lead and DOC Management to promote knowledge sharing throughout the team.
• Offer suggestions for process improvement and remains flexible with tight schedules and aggressive scope goals.
• Provide general user support. Ability to troubleshoot and respond to problems reported by users or escalates the issue to the Project Manager, Business Analyst and Development team as needed.
• Support and monitor ongoing maintenance deployments and site launches.
• Identifies risk, documents problems and participates in mitigation strategy planning.
• Coordinate implementation of JUSTIS to OMS interface both outbound and inbound; coordinate end-user testing, validation, and acceptance.
• Coordinate inmate sentencing module testing and validation.
• Coordinate software installation, data migration and testing in both test and production environments.
• Coordinate Crystal Reports assessment, operational Crystal Report migration, and validation of report functionality.
• Professional attitude and work ethic. Able to work independently as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
• Ability to learn quickly. Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
Strong writing and oral communication skills.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Software Development Life Cycle Project Management experience
Required 8 Years 3 - Expert
Experience with Project Management tools (MS Project, Visio, Excel, SharePoint)
Required 8 Years 3 - Expert
Experience with Agile methodologies
Required 4 Years 3 - Expert
Experience with QA/QC testing (testing against requirements)
Highly desired 4 Years 3 - Expert
Risk analysis experience
Highly desired 3 Years 2 - Proficient
Business and Process Analysis
Highly desired 4 Years 2 - Proficient
Schedule and cost management; executive management reporting
Required 4 Years 2 - Proficient
Crystal Reports experience
Required 2 Years 2 - Proficient
Evening and weekend work may be required as part of your duties. Are you available to work such hours, if needed?