Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Engagement Type : contract
Location : Harrisburg, PA
Duration : 6 Months
The Business Analyst is responsible for the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization.
1. Communication with OCYF partners and county children and youth agencies to identify and resolve information system and data issues.
2. Reviews business requirements functional specifications for system development or enhancements initiatives and provides associated systems deployment, adoption, problem resolution, and end-user support activities. .
3. Provides assistance and support to business operations and end users for OCYF and/or DPW software applications regarding business operations and technical issue evaluations and resolutions.
4. Investigates and resolves business operational, software, and data issues identified and reported by users.
5. Serves as the contact for users having problems and escalates as necessary.
6. Applies existing software and business process documentation to resolve user issues.
7. Obtains and maintains a comprehensive understanding and acts as a subject matter expert for the designated applications and their respective interdependencies and integration points in business operations and processes.
8. Discusses application and data issues with designated OCYF staff and recommends changes that may improve the application or business process.
9. Works closely with OCYF staff to produce and analyze quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
10. Provides assistance regarding data collection and reporting to county partners and contractors with independence of judgment within established policies, procedures, and controlling legislation.
11. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the network of county children and youth agencies, other Department staff, and other contractors.
12. Uses Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook) for documentation and communication purposes.
13. Works with OCYF staff and county partners to identify informational needs and gaps in existing data collection systems.
14. Provide regular progress updates to appropriate OCYF staff.
15. Follows quality standards, and displays strong customer service skills.
16. Completes assigned tasks.
Business Analysis experience. Required 5 Years
Data Analysis experience Required 3 Years
User Support for computer software systems experience Required 3 Years
Knowledge of business process & systems analysis principles, practices, techniques Required 3 yrs
Ability to analyze and interpret written and numerical information Required 3 Years
Excellent written and verbal communication skills Required