Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Mission: The primary mission for a Southwest.com Java Developer is to design, build and test changes to the Southwest Airlines web site when adding or maintaining features on the site. You will work as part of an agile team with other developers, analysts, testers and SWA organizations.
• Significant Java experience/ Core Java 5+ yrs.
• Extensive knowledge and application of OO concepts and design.
• Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Great teamwork and communication ability.
• Can set direction for a team and keep it on course.
• Able to function in a highly interactive environment.
• Track record of success on complex, multi-tier products.
• Familiar with development in a Unix/Linux environment; not just deployments.
• Understands both web development and pure Java development.
• Experience working within an Agile development environment as a developer.
• Has a technical passion for software development and can point to exhibits of this.
We are looking for someone who has grown technically in his or her previous jobs. We are not looking for someone that has had many short term jobs, but some jobs that show longevity. Communication skills are very important Must be willing to work in an Open Environment, someone who is comfortable working with people, who can articulate a problem and the impact with a leader is very important. Someone who is a TEAM player Someone who pays attention to details, who has good written skills. Someone who can explain technical concepts well. Who can tolerate interruptions well. Someone who has a good learning style. 1)Candidate must be willing to pair-program 2)Candidate must be willing to work in a bullpen environment where they will not have their own desk.
Basic java test and white board exercise at the face to face.