Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
In an effort to streamline IT processes, our client is undertaking a number of project focused on improving the implementation of ServiceNow, an ITIL-based SaaS IT service management tool. Additionally, due to the consolidation of different IT teams, business process re-engineering efforts are underway to streamline operations. Under the direction of the ITS Project Director, the project manager will be managing a number of ServiceNow projects and based on ITIL-based best practices, project manage efforts to create standard IT service management processes that will be used across the different IT application and infrastructure units.
This project requires demonstrated project management expertise combined with skills and experience surrounding managing projects focused on business process re-engineering within the domain of IT application services.
Proposed Job Duties
• Operational Management (70%)
◦ Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
◦ Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
◦ Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
◦ Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
◦ Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
◦ Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
◦ Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
◦ Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
◦ Track project milestones and deliverables.
◦ Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
◦ Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
◦ Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
◦ Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Strategy & Planning (20%)
◦ In coordination with the Director of the IT Project Office, plan, design and develop the structure, roles and responsibilities, resource needs, tools, processes and methodologies needed to coordinate UC-wide initiatives across all the UC system.
◦ Deliver project support by developing and providing guidance in project management processes and methodologies.
◦ Support the development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Acquisition and Deployment (10%)
◦ Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
◦ Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• At least five years’ experience in program/ project management including experience in project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing for large, complex projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work on cross-functional teams and foster the team’s commitment to tasks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and complex business concepts in technical terms
• Ability to prioritize and multi task across numerous work streams
• Knowledge of ITIL processes
• Knowledge of IT process improvement efforts
• Able to lead teams to consensus decisions on complex business and technical data challenges
• Ability to plan and organize work and deliverables.
• Deep knowledge of best project management practices through relevant experience.
• At least three years’ experience in working for an IT PMO or IT Project Office for a large, complex organization.
• Strong familiarity with project management software including Microsoft Project server version, SharePoint and MS Office.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Category: Project Manager
Minimum Experience: 3 years