Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
The Lead Linux System Engineer will design,
analyze, configure, troubleshoot and implement best practices and
infrastructure for Hosting high volume
email systems to maintain high level of email deliverability. Engineer is responsible
for overall datacenter email systems including delivery rate monitoring,
metrics and providing reports to management.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Windows Systems Administration (2003, 2008, SQL, IIS, scripting, AD, etc…)
• Linux Systems Administration (Red Hat Linux, SSH, SFTP, DNS, scripting)
• Installation, deployment, support and maintenance of email hardware and operating environments.
• Monitor all mail systems and traffic to ensure maximum availability, performance and delivery rates.
• Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for deliverability issues, application, hardware, network, and O/S issues.
• Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements.
• Coordinates with other staff on the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of email system and network.
• Perform in-depth analysis and detailed reporting on email capacity planning, SLA performance, Operating System and major application software patch assessment and security vulnerability analysis.
• Review, audit, define, update and implement Service policies and procedures to safeguard critical email systems, information and data.
• Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
• Assist in the development of processes to maintain business continuity and recovery standards for email systems and networks.
• Work with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues
• Provide 24x7 On-call support
• Performs additional related duties as required.
A combination of experience, education, and training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A Systems Engineer should possess a working knowledge of:
Systems and mythologies to positively influence email reputation (ISP throttling, feedback loop, etc…)
In-depth knowledge of SMTP protocol and email delivery systems such as Message Transfer Agent (MTA)
4+ years administrative experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
2-3 years administrative experience with Linux (prefer redhat) a plus.
Solid understanding of networking, and standard network applications (i.e. TCP/IP, ICMP, TraceRoute, TCPdump, LAN routing, etc…)
Expert experience with supporting Internet and Web application products and services
Development experience in SMTP, DNS, Web Services, XML/XSL, and SQL
Ability to automate daily administration and user tasks
Scripting experience (shell, powershell, etc…)
Strong experience in network and systems security essential best practices
Must be able to demonstrate the basic principles of project management
Proven track record for working effectively with technical and business functions
Strong business/systems analysis skills required
Strong team and people skills required
Information security methodologies and concepts, such as identification and authentication, access control, inception, and audit trails
Ideal candidate is a strong team player, quality conscious, has excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, and is highly self-motivated.
A Systems Engineer should have the ability to:
Work independently under limited supervision, exercise initiative within established procedural guidelines, and organize and prioritize work to meet established deadlines
Follow written and verbal instructions
Identify potential threats, vulnerabilities, and risks
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Understand and explain technical terms and concepts in a non-technical manner.
Work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of such data and information
Prioritize work effectively
Apply company policies and standards
Analyze information, reach conclusions and formulate such thoughts into written action plans
Exercise good judgment, decisiveness, and creativity
Interface with individuals at all levels of the organization and to establish effective working relationships
Provide information security advice and assistance to technical and non-technical individuals
Express thoughts in oral and written formats to individuals at all levels within the company
Provide training and technical assistance to less-experienced staff
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training. These can typically be obtained through:
College degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent professional experience
A minimum of four (4) years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in administration of information systems.
Lead Linux system engineer, implement best practices, email systems, windows systems administration, active directory, sql, iis, red hat linux, ssh, sftp, scripting, root cause analysis, sla, service policies, 3rd party vendors, isp throttling, smtp, mta, tcp/ip, web services, xml/xsl, degree