Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Engagement: Type Contract
Location: Washington DC
Duration: 6 Months
Submit your resumes before : 04/21/12
This position provides agency level technical direction and technical management to DC Agencies as directed by the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) and in concert with the IT strategy, systems, & operations required to support the Agency.
The incumbent will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the agency-wide information technology (IT) program. Incumbent will lead the agency in planning and implementing enterprise information solutions to support both distributed and centralized business operations and achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations. Consults with client or department heads to define need or problem, conducts research, performs studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization. Requires knowledge in fields defined as information technology, computer programming, computer security, computer systems analysis, database management, information systems, Internet applications and development, software development, and related fields.
The incumbent exercises independent responsibility in planning, designing, and executing programs, project studies, and other work. Incumbent performs as the IT technical expert for the organization, and on that basis, makes recommendations to the executive staff that involve the authoritative interpretation of existing IT policies and standards. Expert judgment is used in interpreting the intent of existing guides, in identifying areas of interest that need further development, or study, and in evaluating the significance and impact of new developments in the profession.
Incumbent coordinates the IT initiatives of the agency into a cohesive IT plan. The business units rely on the incumbent's expertise for independent performance and judgment of work to be accomplished. Discusses matters of a policy nature with the Director and recommends major changes in IT program activities. Directs the selection, installation, and maintenance of computer systems and hardware for all agency computing platforms. Responsible for the data administration and technical architecture development for all platforms, including close coordination with the Chief Technology Officer to align agency to DC IT standards. Performs quality assurance reviews to ensure effectiveness of information systems.
• Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the agency.
• Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the agency and between the agency and OCTO.
• Oversees the back office computer operations of the agency's operational and management information systems, including local area networks and wide-area networks.
• Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation.
• Designs, implements, and evaluates the systems that support end users in the productive use of computer hardware and software.
• Develops and implements user-training programs.
• Oversees and evaluates system security and back up procedures. Supervises the Network Administrator.
College Degree Required
Experience in developing enterprise service business strategies for complex
organizations. Required 10 Years 2 - Proficient
Experience in State/Local ERP and Financial standards/systems. Required 8 Years 2 - Proficient
Experience with large population State/Local Government Information
Technology standards and systems. Required 10 Years 3 - Expert
Extensive experience developing IT plans for complex organizations. Required 10 Years 3 - Expert
Extensive experience developing presentations to communicate strategies to
Senior executives. Required 10 Years 2 - Proficient
IT Experience with State/Local Education organization. Highly desired 5 Years 2 - Proficient