Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
This hands-on position will be the Technical Leader responsible for managing design and support of Microsoft technology, including Active Directory, Windows Server, ActiveSync, Exchange, collaboration tools and workstation software standards. In addition, this position will oversee hardware sizing, virtualization, selection, standards and server and portion of end user computing functions. This position shares ownership of requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation and support for hardware and applications utilized within the Microsoft and VMware server environment. This position will lead capacity planning and life cycle management of over 500 servers within enterprise infrastructure.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As a Lead IT Engineer – Server you will perform the following essential functions…….
A. Leads the technical design, implementation and support for designated hardware and software technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange, ActiveSync, VMware, HP, collaboration and Wintel platforms
B. Assists in managing the server area including leading maintenance (patching, Operating System upgrades), managing incidents, root cause analysis and change control processes for the server and end user computing areas.
C. Works closely with the business and IT to develop cost effective, operationally support solutions that meet complex requirements.
D. Build and maintain relationships with key vendors on development, enhancements and upgrades to environment and manages these vendors in troubleshooting situations.
E. Leads capacity planning and life cycle management of over 500+ servers in corporate datacenter. Recommends, develops and tests new technology, develops solutions, and documentation for enterprise.
F. Manages Microsoft Technology deployment projects throughout the corporate and distribution center locations. Develops designs and executes plans for enterprise server infrastructure and portions of end user computing as part of Corporate IT Infrastructure strategy.
G. Works directly with peer IT, security, operations and business teams to deliver infrastructure services (server, directory services, e-mail integration,) necessary for deployment of Enterprise applications (SAP, JDA) throughout the company.
H. Provides 3rd level support for Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange, VMware and HP server issues.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related discipline or equivalent experience required.
2. Minimum 8+ years of IT experience, including Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, VMware design, support and administration.
3. Professional designation/certification required, MCSE
4. Professional certification as VMware Certified Professional, preferred.
5. Proven experience in managing and monitoring an enterprise environment of over 300+ Microsoft Windows (2003 and 2008) and VMware virtual servers.
6. Proven experience in managing any of the following preferred. Sun Solaris, Linux, Veritas Netbackup, EMC Storage and CISCO fiber directors.
7. Hands on experience supporting HP server hardware and other Intel based hardware platforms required.
8. Strong Communications, customer focus and leadership skills required.
9. Strong team player with proven experience and ability to collaborate with other server, network, storage, database engineers and administrators required.
10. Proven experience and ability to manage problem resolution of complex or intermittent issues in a multi-vendor, integrated enterprise environment.
11. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
12. Solid knowledge of industry best practices and technical systems.
13. Previous team leadership experience in a fast growing, highly dynamic retail IT environment preferred.
14. Normal office demands, ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
15. Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required.