Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
The contractor’s primary responsibilities will be design, development and implementation of the HIPP Payment File in the Treasury TABS-IS format and the re-write of the associated HIPP correspondence process on the Unisys 2200 mainframe
The contractor’s primary responsibilities will be design, development and implementation of the HIPP Payment File in the Treasury TABS-IS format and the re-write of the associated HIPP correspondence process on the Unisys 2200 mainframe. The contractor will participate in business and software requirement sessions with DPW’s Third Party Liability group, Office of Budget - Comptroller Operations and the PA Treasury Department. The contractor will analyze, design, document, develop, test, debug and implement the required mainframe software/processing necessary to generate the TABS-IS HIPP Payment file and the associated correspondence. The contractor will serve as a lead worker and will mentor an Application Developer 2 (AD2) in the development of the project deliverables and prepare the AD2 to assume maintenance responsibility for the final deliverables produced. The contractors will work with all required business and technical entities to implement the new software. Once implemented, the contractor will provide assistance to the DPW Middleware Team who must transform the mainframe TABS-IS HIPP Payment File output to an XML format for the Treasury Modernization Project. The contractor will provide the Middleware team with any mainframe support/processing required to complete and test the XML transformation processing.
Shall provide office space within its office at the DGS Annex Complex, in the Willow Oak Building, Harrisburg, PA. In addition will supply all necessary hardware, software, network connection, phone and fax for daily use as need to complete assigned work items. Some travel to the Office of Budget – Comptroller Operations and/or PA Treasury Department sites (downtown Harrisburg, PA) may be required for meeting attendance.
1. Points of contact
2. Criminal History Background Check
3. Security access
OBJECTIVES OF ENGAGEMENT
The contractor will complete all assigned tasks related to the development of the Health Insurance Premium Program (HIPP) TABS-IS project within required timeframes. The contractor will work collaboratively with the customer and any mainframe technical resources required to complete the implementation. The contractor will mentor the Application Developer 2 (AD2) in the development of the project deliverables and prepare the AD2 to assume maintenance responsibility for the final products produced. All project deliverables, including documentation and application coding, will satisfy the business requirements and objectives of the project and will meet the Department of Public Welfare’s coding / security policies, procedures, standards and best practices. Application coding will be free from major defects at the time of implementation into the production environment. The contractor will complete all required time reporting activities and provide appropriate task status updates to the Application Developer Administrator of the Eligibility Clearinghouse Unit.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
Specific work items for the contractor from July 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 are:
• Participate in business requirements sessions with the DPW’s Third Party Liability group, Office of Budget - Comptroller Operations and the PA Treasury Department; participates in the development of the Systems Requirements Deliverables.
• Analyzes the business / systems requirements and designs the mainframe processes.
• Works with other members of the application development team to develop the Detailed Systems Design Deliverable. Participates in meetings with the DPW’s Third Party Liability group, Office of Budget - Comptroller Operations and the PA Treasury Department to gain acceptance of the detailed design.
• Works with other members of the application development team to code the components / modules of the application. Completes specific task assignments per requirements and within required timeframes. Adheres to the Department’s coding / security policies, procedures, standards and best practices.
• Coordinates work with other software developers on the team.
• Provides status of work to the Application Developer Administrator. Assists in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete and actuals for assigned tasks. Completes required time reporting processes.
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the application team.
• Executes all responsibilities with little direct supervision from the team lead.
• Completes unit testing of developed application components. Analyzes problems, identifies, documents and resolves all coding defects discovered during testing.
• Creates and provides content for operational documentation.
• Participates in meetings with the DPW’s Third Party Liability group, Office of Budget - Comptroller Operations and the PA Treasury Department to gain acceptance of the application prior to implementation.
• Resolves any defects discovered in post-implementation through the end of the contractor’s engagement.
• Insures the AD2 is prepared to assume responsibility for the on-going support/maintenance of the implemented software and project deliverables.
CONTRACTOR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The selected vendor shall provide a Contractor who will possess a minimum of two (2) years’ of industry (IT) experience in the analysis, design, coding, unit and integration testing and deployment of application code. Additionally, the contractor must demonstrate specific experience, support and background with the following application and product sets:
• COBOL 85
• Unisys 2200 Executive Control Language
• I-QU PLUS-1 software by KMSYS Worldwide, Inc.
• MS Office 2010
The vendor shall supply a contractor who does not require training and who has managed and supported the referenced technologies in the past. The contractor will have superior communication skills, both verbal and written. The contractor, and vendor, will be able to exchange information with all levels of DPW staff (management to end-user).
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Required 2 Years
Unisys 2200 Executive Control Language
Required 2 Years
I-QU PLUS-1 (software by KMSYS Worldwide, Inc.)
MS Office 2010
Required 2 Years