Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
As Storage Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and supporting the storage and backup systems supporting the mission critical 24x7 operations. Storage and backup environments include 400TB of combined tiers 1 and 2 storage running on EMC VMAX and CLARiiON storage frames, Cisco MDS 9500 switches, NetBackup backup software, and Spectra Logic T950 tape library.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining SAN environments in support of business processing requirements.
- Expands the monitoring and reporting tool suite to provide a proactive approach to supporting the SAN infrastructure and to tune the systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Monitoring the 24x7 storage environment for faults or capacity issues and taking corrective action.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities for storage performance and functionality improvements.
- On call as needed for problems and incidents.
- Implement and support SAN, backup and archive strategies and solutions.
- Supports redundant systems and policies for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data storage appliances and stored data assets.
- Management and support of the enterprise wide backup and recovery service including scheduled backup jobs, adhoc backup and restore jobs, and off-site tape management.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years diverse storage environment experience (EMC VMAX and VNX/CLARiiON preferred) and Cisco MDS switches, in large scale environments.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with NetBackup software & large scale tape library systems.
- 5+ years hands-on experience working in Windows server 2003 and 2008 environments
- Experience with EMC VMAX VNX storage devices, hardware setup / configuration and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with RAID levels, EMC TimeFinder BCV and replication methods
- Experience with reporting tools, such as Storage Scope and Performance Manager (??)
- Detailed knowledge of RAID, SCSI, SAN and NAS a must
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning experience
- Strong storage problem isolation and resolution skills.
- Normal office conditions, ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds