Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
As a Lead Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, managing and supporting the LAN, WLAN, and WAN networks for corporate and retail store business which spans over 600 sites. Responsibilities include designing routing and switching solutions, creating technology standards, collaborating on architectural direction, and designing solutions that meet the needs of a rapidly evolving business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Design large scale enterprise LAN, WLAN, and WAN solutions.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining network and voice infrastructure.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities for network performance and functionality improvements.
- Design effective test plans for any new or changing network infrastructure.
- Define requirements in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes.
- On call as needed for problems and incidents.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10+ years supporting large scale enterprise network infrastructure using Cisco solutions.
- 7+ years designing enterprise scale routing and switching environments.
- 3+ years with technologies such as Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco 6500 Switches, various Cisco Router Platforms (2800/2900, 3800/3900, 7206, ASR, etc.), Cisco MDS 9500 SAN switches, Cisco voice solutions (Call Manager, IPCC Express, Unity), Cisco Wireless Controllers (associated WCS/NCS platforms), F5 Load Balancers, Nexus a plus.
- Expert level experience with TCP/IP, MPLS, 802.1Q, VPN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- Experience with network monitoring and performance analysis monitoring tools, and a history of using them for performance tuning and troubleshooting. IP Address Management tools a plus.
- Strong network problem isolation and resolution skills.
- CCNP/CCDP or CCIE certification preferred.
- Normal office conditions, ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds