Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127We are looking for a highly detail oriented and analytical person to join our team to work with developers from various technology teams and participate in the implementation of the redesign of our XSLT until project completion (scheduled delivery - 12/31/13).
The Senior Software Engineer position participates in the full life cycle of software development. Responsibilities include writing code (including support of existing code base), testing, debugging, using third-party libraries, and working with TFS and other version control and configuration management systems.
The key area of focus for this position is to assist with the migration of our existing stylesheets to the new solution as defined by project leads. Migration work would include rewriting stylesheets manually and through the use of automated tools. Thorough unit and regression testing would also be required.
Our ideal candidate has 5-7 years in development experience.
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree.
- Candidate must have:
• Strong knowledge of and experience using XSLT2
• Ability to use XPath & XQuery
• XHTML/HTML5 knowledge
• Some general knowledge of CSS
• Experience with IntelliJ is a plus
• Experience with SGML/XML is a plus
- An understanding of development methodology and understanding of agile/iterative development is preferred.
- Candidates should possess good problem solving, data analysis, design, and testing skills.
- Candidates must also have strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should be self-starting and capable of working independently or in groups.
- Candidate should regularly communicate and share knowledge, including upward communication of work status (e.g. to project managers, leadership, etc.)
- Write new software, make modifications to existing software, or integrate software applications in modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications provided by others.
- This individual will work closely with users, technical leads, project managers, and other cross-functional development teams to software solutions. This includes writing software, making modifications to existing software and integrating applications within the core pathway
- This individual must develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Delivering quality software to our Product Development team is an important function of this position. This individual will be responsible for creating and executing unit and integrations tests to ensure the software is meeting requirements.
- This team works in an agile environment and team members are responsible for participating in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to lead and manager.
- Actively participates in team and daily standup meetings.
- Deliver software per the agile iteration schedule.