Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Systems Management Engineer (ESM) is responsible for configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the Enterprise Systems Management tools. The ESM tools provide systems monitoring covering infrastructure components such as applications, databases, network equipment, servers (Linux/Windows), and appliances. Successful candidates will have several years of experience with Enterprise Systems Management design, engineering, configuration, implementation, and maintenance in a fast paced environment. Work within the ESM team to maintain the enterprise system management monitoring tools and coordinate with the infrastructure teams and service managers to maintain and evolve the process. Current tools include the EMC Smarts, Cisco Prime, Cisco DCNM, Network Observer, Infoblox, BMC, Attention, Network Compliance Manager, Kiwi and Splunk; BMC tools to include Proactive Net Suite, as well as custom tools and integrations
Provide application administration and configuration for existing network managment products.
• Experience with any of our existing tool sets with emphasis on the EMC Smarts or BMC Suite.
• Previous experience monitoring cloud, virtual desktop, and storage environments.
• Ability to conduct independent assessments and technical challenges of Enterprise monitoring best practices and other analyses.
• Good analytic ability, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with technical staff.
• Capability to work and excel in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and moving deadlines.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities on a daily basis, often under pressure.
• Good working knowledge of a variety of technology platforms and tools including: Cisco, Microsoft systems(e.g. Windows 2008 Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint), Linux, Oracle, SQL Server, database architectures, TCP/IP, VPNs, LAN/WAN technologies and architectures.
• Project management/coordination experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills