Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Senior Technical PM with healthcare background. Should have worked on mainframe, Java, SQL, and Oracle. PMP certification preferred with a BS degree.
· Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of complex and cross-functional project oriented work efforts.
· Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
· Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
· Identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Provide clear direction, coaching, and support to staff Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff in a matrixed environment.
· Manages physical, financial and human capital resources, considering budget and cost implication as well as risk implications of project decisions.
· Put in place, use, and refine standard project management practices and tools necessary to manage projects during execution including risks, issues, and changes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience in similar work environment.
· Minimum of 7 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years progressive responsibility managing multiple small to large complex projects in a cross-functional environment.
· Requires prior supervisory or team leader experience. Experience managing software development projects including the strategic application of the technical platform (including COBOL, CICS, DB2, MQ, Vitria, J2EE, WebSphere, Oracle, and Cognos) to meet business objectives.
· Must possess extensive knowledge in the use of Project Management methodologies, iterative development methodologies (preferably RUP), tools.
· Advanced analytical skills essential.
· Strong team oriented interpersonal and communication skills. Resource estimations methodologies, risk management, budget management, demand management.
· The ability to develop and maintain key relationships to achieve business objectives essential.
· BCBS or health insurance industry background.
· Demonstrated ability to build consensus for business results.
· Demonstrated presentation skills. Must understand human resources policies and practices and change management techniques.