Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
The objective of this engagement is to provide program/project management support for several key initiatives within the Department of Public Welfare.
Efforts to comply with mandated requirements of the Affordable Care Act are underway in Pennsylvania. Very aggressive timeframes are mandated for these changes. Contract support is needed to manage the many activities associated with a project of this size and complexity.
OBJECTIVES OF ENGAGEMENT
The objective of this engagement is to provide program/project management support for the Affordable Care Act project within the Department of Public Welfare. The selected contractor must be familiar with a variety of the project management methodologies and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. They will have proven experience in leading projects to successful implementation. They consult with the client to define needs or problems, conduct research, perform studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyze problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization. The Program Manager will drive entire initiatives from start to finish ensuring that the project is completed on schedule and that the final project meets business, technical and established quality requirements.
Generally, the contractor will:
• Manage, coordinate, and establish priorities for complete life-cycle of various ACA-related projects,
• Design project plans which identify needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget, and personnel;
• Be accountable for the approval and sign-off of the project plan
• Facilitate and adhere to project governance
• Identify return on investments of key activities
• Manage scope of the project and gain agreement and approval of any scope changes
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Direct work planning and scheduling design work
• Develop project plan including project management plan, scope statements, work performance measurements, activity and milestone lists, project schedule, cost performance baselines, quality management plan, quality baseline, human resource plans, team performance assessments and communication management plan for project,
• Manage and track project status against project plan(s)
• Serve as primary point-of-contact for all project related issues and resolution of issues
• Coordinate and present proposals as needed
• Identify and manage project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies, track to closure
• Anticipate issues and proactively address them. Resolve conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
• Coordinate the establishment of program standards and program specific procedures with team leads.
• Assure project compliance with standards and procedures.
• Capture and report required program management metrics/benchmarks.
• Tailor and baseline project templates
• Develop and facilitate achievement of program service commitments and performance metrics
• Ensure that all tasks add value and support the strategic direction of the department
• Communicate to team members how their work relates to and helps to achieve project objectives
• Plan for project specific training and orientation.
• Monitor project milestones and phases to ensure projects are on schedule. Take corrective action if a project begins to slip its schedule.
• Prepare routine status reports for project team, team leads, DPW executive staff, and stakeholders.
• Analyze and distribute reports on program metrics associated with work items related to improvement measures
• Provide regular status reports on team progress
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Project/Portfolio Management experience for large projects.
Required 5 Years
Senior or lead project management experience including supervision of project management teams
Required 5 Years
Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks
Required 5 Years
PMP or similar project management certification
Health and Human Services experience
Highly desired 2 Years
ACA (Affordable Care Act) exerience
Desired 2 Years