Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
· The Senior DB2 DBA will participate as part of a small team in the design, implementation and support of databases and systems for the Sears Holdings online systems.
· This person will provide technical expertise for DB2 related initiatives and hands-on support for day-to-day database administration and maintenance activities.
· Will provide technical expertise and direction for the architecture, design, implementation and support of highly available UDB/DB2 systems.
· Will be good in scripting and automation of tasks, Help define and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the availability, security and integrity of the DB2 databases.
· Develop and administer backup and recovery procedures; design and implement databases and data structures for DB2 on distributed platforms; maintains, implements and upgrades DB software; monitors database performance; provides DBA support for applications; participates in 24x7 pager support rotation.
· Provides technical leadership for all architecture, evaluation and design activities related to the UDB/DB2 systems. Leads the effort to increase reliability, scalability and operational robustness of the UDB/DB2 database infrastructure.
· Research, test and coordinate the implementation of DB2 patches and upgrades. · Performs physical database analysis, monitoring and change control, logical and physical database design.
· Designs and develops database recovery, and other database management, strategies. Executes, and develops automation to perform, back-up and recovery processes. Performs ongoing testing and management of recovery processes to ensure their effectiveness.
· Plans and executes tests of fault tolerance capabilities, including backup/recovery; replication; cluster failover and disaster recovery.
· Will be competent in scripting and automation of tasks. Will look for opportunities where things can be automated.
· Participates in the on- call support rotation and provide immediate responses to high priority alerts from the 24/7 Operations teams and automated monitoring. Provide after hours and weekend support as needed.
· Work with vendors, customers and internal personnel on project implementations and to resolve business and technical issues. Functions as a key point of contact with IBM on all database related concerns.
· Provide key technical contribution to the ongoing development of the overall long- term vision for DB management; structures, tools and delivery.
· Senior DBA with at least 7 years of hands-on DB2 experience. Certifications in recent releases preferred.
· Extensive experience managing DB2 in a Unix environment.
· At least 5 years of experience with DB2 on AIX.
· Hands-on experience with DB2 installations, upgrades, configuration, tuning, index creation and performance analysis.
· Experience planning and implementing fault tolerant and high availability systems (HACMP, HADR, VCS, etc.).
· Prior experience designing and implementing database DR plans.
· Hands-on experience installing and implementing both packaged and custom real-time monitoring and alerting solutions. Experience integrating the alerts/monitoring into other management systems and consoles. Familiarity with SNMP.
· Hands-on experience with automation of tools, implementations, scripting and database reporting metrics and reports. · Heavy SQL experience writing complicated queries from scratch, tuning other's code, analyzing impacts.
· Experience with SAN storage systems.
· Ability to code and recompile packages and code functions and procedures preferred. · Expertise in backup/recovery/fail-over methods and best practices.
· Excellent communications skills both written and verbal. Ability to write clear documentation of standard operating procedures, and ability to write specifications for applications to be developed.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.