Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
**This requirement is for 2 positions**
The selected candidate will serve as a programmer/developer for iOS Mobile Computing solutions for PennDOT. The Programmer will serve as a software developer for a project to deploy iOS-based mobile devices with custom software to PennDOT district staff in order to conduct surveys and collect survey data for Public Transit. The solution will involve working with iOS mobile computing tools, relational databases, and GPS technologies. The candidate will be part of a development team to build out the pilot into a comprehensive solution and coordinate full deployment, while assisting with mentoring PennDOT staff assigned to the project.
1. Serve as a developer of n-tier applications using iOS SDK, mobile computing and GPS technologies.
2. Develop, test and deploy user interface, service tier and data tier components for complex applications, including server-based web applications and Android mobile applications..
3. Participate in the full SDLC process (including coding) of iOS application solutions, including Objective C, HTML, XML and web services.
4. Participate in design and coding of database objects in relational databases such as SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle, or DB2, including queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, etc.
5. Participate in design and coding of application-embedded, scheduled and ad-hoc reporting solutions using Business Objects XI, Crystal Reports, Excelcius and Web Intelligence.
6. Meet with end users and technical staff of all types to gather business and system requirements.
7. Provide technical assistance and assist with mentoring of PennDOT staff assigned to the project.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Full SDLC experience as an applications developer
Required 5 Years
Experience with Object Oriented development
Required 5 Years
Experience with HTML development
Required 3 Years
Experience with relational database development
Required 1 Years
Experience with iOS SDK development
Required 2 Years
Strong oral communication skills
Exp in architecting & developing mobile web applications in enterprise settings
Experience developing applications on multiple mobile computing platforms
Exp w/ Synchronization of data captured on a mobile device w/ enterprise backend apps and DB
Exp w/ integration of data captured on a mobile device w/ enterprise backend apps and DB
Experience developing applications using GPS technologies
Provide screen shots from apps that candidates have worked on which have been released in enterprise environments.
provide 3 manager/supervisor references from previous, recent, positions