Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sr. Data Engineer is an expert in multiple infrastructure technologies and is responsible for the ongoing operational excellence of the technology environment. The scope of the job includes the development, design and maintenance of inbound data processing and outbound data processing using the tools within the client’s business.
• Design, develop, implement, maintain, analyze and understand the implications of all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners.
• Design, develop and implement system monitoring tools for all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners.
• Design, develop and implement automation tool and processes for all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners.
• Identify, analyze and communicate recurring problems and develop remediation plans
• Review and enhance documentation for troubleshooting and resolution procedures for all levels of support.
• Maintain compliance and reporting for all inbound and outbound data transmissions with customers and partners.
• Meet with business stakeholders and other technical team members to gather and analyze engineering requirements
• Participate in costing efforts for projects, providing costing and sizing estimates.
• Work independently as well as within a collaborative team.
• Provide On-call, 24/7 support for critical situations - availability after-hours/off-hour schedule, or on call to monitor and react to incidents.
• Travel as needed
• BS or BA in Computer Science or other equivalent technology or Engineering program
• MCSA or MCSE Certifications a plus
Experience & Background:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in systems engineering functions including server administration, email, messaging, mobile solutions, enterprise storage and virtualization technologies.
• Experience with Tumbleweed SFTP application.
• Experience with Linux and associated server tools.
• Experience with Microsoft Software and associated server tools.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Prior experience with enterprise environments that include multiple site location.
• Experience in designing solutions that are guided by and compliant with industry standard audit and compliance standards such as PCI and SSAE16.