Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
** LOCAL Candidates Strongly PREFERRED
***In-Person Interview Only - NO Skype, NO Exceptions
Database Administrator Requirements:
In need of a Sr Database Administrator that will utilize technologies, tools, and methods to manage backend database and related infrastructure which expand and enhance the delivery of technology services to correctional facilities, Community Corrections units, other public safety agencies, and external business partners.
The DB will:
- Design, develop, modify, and administer databases and their components through SQL programming and related tools including interfaces, physical and logical data independence, and query optimization.
- Conduct database analysis to troubleshoot inconsistencies and issues. prepare reports based on data modeling and patterns. Serve as a liaison to end-users in the field.
- Provide second tier technical support for offender management systems.
Demonstrated ability to draw on database management skills to support business needs and end users including:
- Database management system tools & utilities on distributed platforms,
- Microsoft SQL programming language, and SQL performance & optimization in a mirrored/replicated setup.
Candidates Must Have:
- Experience working in the Microsoft database management environment to include: ETL/SSIS, SSRS, and dimensional data modeling, SSAS and Policy based management of SQL assets.
- Experience supporting and working with development teams producing products/applications that are tightly integrated into MS SQL as the backend.
- Experience with SQL Server 2000, 2005, & 2008 database administration.
- Ability to draft and follow standards and processes (such as change management) is a must for this role. Ability to support production environment (flexible hours), and work closely with the systems team on releasing products into production.
- Ability to work with other teams to ensure delivery of DB services.
Prefer bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Information Technology or a related field or equivalent training or experience.
Prefer experience with SQL 2012 'Always On' for High Availability and Disaster Recovery. Prefer deep knowledge of system requirements development, data models and architecture.
Prefer demonstrated ability to execute database performance monitoring and to train users on the database intent and the use of the reports.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience with SQL Server 2000 database administration
Required 2 Years
Experience with SQL Server 2005 database administration
Required 2 Years
Experience with SQL Server 2008 database administration
Required 4 Years
Experience with Database performance monitoring
Required 4 Years
Experience managing backend database and related infrastructure
Required 5 Years
Experience with SQL 2012 'Always On' for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Highly desired 1 Years
Experience working with and knowledge of system requirements development, data models and architecture
Highly desired 3 Years
Experience supporting a SQL Server Production Environment
Required 3 Years
List the projects on which the candidate was responsible for supporting a PRODUCTION Database?
Does the candidate have any Database Certifications?