Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
**local candidates strongly preferred
**mgr will only conduct in person interviews, NO exceptions
**PMP certification from PMI or PM certifcation from VITA is required - no other certification qualifies
Seeking an experienced technical Project Manager to join the Roadway Network System (RNS) Program & Geographical Information System (GIS) Program team. Under the program manager, position provides direction in planning, design, development, implementation, and delivery of projects in the RNS and GIS Program. Maintains project plans. tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers. The selected candidate will:
• Serve as a hands-on technical project manager with development staff and business groups;
• Coordinate and communicate with RNS and GIS staff to coordinate work tasks and resourcing;
• Communicate questions, timelines, and expectations to technical and business staff;
• Collaborate with vendors, consultants, and contractors in the execution of projects;
• Follow the appropriate IT change management policies and procedures;
• Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management best-practices and governance requirements;
• Support the reviewing, validating, and managing project milestones and deliverables;
• Document requirements and uses cases, facilitate design workshops for assigned projects;
• Define test objectives, design test plans and test cases for assigned projects;
• Support system and application training efforts;
Knowledge of and/or experience with the following...
- Oracle, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL, PL/SQL
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop & Web-based Applications (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server ArcGIS Online)
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Project Server)
- If not already qualified, applicant will need to become qualified under Commonwealth of Virginia Qualification Standards for IT Project Managers during employment. See: http://www.vita.virginia.gov/oversight/projects/default.aspx?id=589. PMP is desired, but not required.
The Information Technology Division (ITD) meets VDOT's critical business needs by improving agency responsiveness, effectiveness and efficiency, through innovative research, defined architectures, planning, and optimal use of technology. RNS provides universal enterprise data access by linking geospatial and business attributes to roadway centerlines via web-based applications. GIS provides the infrastructure, software, tools, techniques, and support to visualize and analyze geospatial data.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires a fingerprint-based background check.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Must possess PMP certification through PMI or PM certification through VITA - No other certifications qualify
Serve as a hands-on technical project manager with development staff and business groups
Required 5 Years
Oracle, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL, PL/SQL
Required 5 Years
ESRI ArcGIS Desktop & Web-based Applications (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server ArcGIS Online)
Required 5 Years
Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Project Server)
Required 10 Years