Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
The Senior Technical Architecture Specialist (STAS) is the technical expert centered on a technology, technologies. The Senior Technical Architecture Specialist is an expert architect whose role will involve technical architecture of applications or systems within an industry specialization (i.e. Child Welfare, Child behavioral services, Youth Rehabilitate services etc). This individual is responsible for setting the technical approach and direction and implementation for a major web based system. The Senior Technical Architecture Specialist provides technical design expertise, defines and evaluates technical requirements needed to support defined business requirements, participates in detailed design and code reviews, reviews system performance issues, reviews test plans, and provides technical guidance to development experts and vendors. The Senior Technical Architecture Specialist will interface with Executive Sponsors, Group Leads, and Lead Functional Architects and project management to convey infrastructure requirements, plan, and schedule deployment of tasks, and resolve any issues that impact the deployment of the Application Delivery systems that cross, divisions and may include federally integrated projects.
Years of Relevant Experience: 8 plus years, and 1 to 2 years project management experience
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study
All roles specified plus the following:
•Responsible for functioning as the SME related to architecture on an enterprise wide system.
•Responsible for designing architecture for products that involve significant federal oversight.
•Provide direct technical/architectural knowledge to Executive applications
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
• Conducts meetings with staff and users to discuss work in progress and anticipated problems or needs.
• Ensures products meet user requirements.
• Stays current with packages and technologies for assembling components into application systems.
• Ensures the work of project leaders follows approved methodologies and results in quality deliverables.
• Work with the Design, Development, and Implementation vendor on system design, development, configuration, and implementation
• Review system/network administration activities;
• Perform database administration activities;
• Perform application support activities;
• Oversee the Development of custom screens, reports, letters and variables;
• Provides leadership and support for the DSCYF Conversion lead and conversion Team
• Provides leadership and support for the DSCYF Interface lead and Interface Team
• Provides planning for the acquisition and installation of software needed for FACTS II
• Tracks the receipt of software and hardware needed for FACTS II
• Provides leadership and support for the Installation and configuration of Hardware and Software related to FACTS II
• Support the Development of a system upgrade plan
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Prior Experience in large-scale information systems analysis and design and implementation.
Required 5 Years
Prior experience conducting technical reviews and design analysis
Required 4 Years
Prior experience in systems analysis including information needs analysis, requirement analysis and design alternative
Required 2 Years
Prior C# technical experience
Required 5 Years
Required 2 Years
Required 3 Years
Prior experience with enterprise wide systems architectureve
Highly desired 3 Years
Prior work with Cisco Networks from an architectual/design perspective
Desired 5 Years
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Where has the candidate managed outside contract teams or independent vendors?
Where did the candidate function as an architect for C#/Visual Studio Projects?
Where did the candidate work with Cisco systems/networks?