Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications Coordinator works with the Project Management Office, project teams, and others in the organization to develop and implement communications strategies within JIS and the State Court Administrator’s office, and between the JIS and JIS-supported courts. The communications focus will be on the rollout over the next five years of a new Case Management System to replace the legacy applications the courts are using. The Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are in marketing and communications in an effort to promote a unified message concerning the new application, how it is being developed, rolled out and supported. This position will collaborate with others in the organization to achieve consistency and coordination of messages, and the highest standards for any communications. This position is responsible for coordinating application branding design, message, and content generation, including electronic and print communications. One of the most crucial tasks of the coordinator will be the creation and ongoing management of projects status through reports, newsletters and calendars, at a minimum. Responsibilities:
• Design templates for project collateral (status minutes, decision documents, change control notifications)
• Create, produce and disseminate publications for education, coordination, and administration purposes (latest news on development, reporting procedures, new courts on board)
• Manage creation and selection of photography for print and electronic
• Support the development and execution of identity and collateral materials for the application.
• Leverage the new External Court Portal (Sharepoint) for dissemination of information wherever possible.
• Develop and maintain a Court Contacts email list.
• Coordinate Product Demonstrations
• Lead JIS efforts to remain up-to-date and effective in electronic communications through convening regular meetings and conversations
• Maintain Project Communication archives Other Duties as Requested
• Develop new lines of communication between staff teams and the courts that leverage court communications methods
• Some travel to courts may be necessary
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, or a related communications field
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated interest in bringing together diverse groups through media
• Familiarity Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe, SharePoint
1 - 2 years of public relations, marketing, communications or media experience
Project Management preferred