Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Position:
The SharePoint Applications Analyst is responsible for supporting all facets of SharePoint related systems including performing analysis, modification, documentation and support of daily operations for SharePoint systems and related applications. The Analyst will work closely with business unit members to understand business requirements and ensure that application systems properly function to meet business needs, delivering value across the organization. The position will consult with Knowledge Management and others as appropriate to identify current operation procedures, clarify program objectives, evaluate business requirements and implement innovative solutions in a fast paced team-oriented environment. This position includes designing, coding, modifying, testing, debugging, documenting, installing, and deploying application systems. Analyst will manage projects, as well as work independently when necessary.
This position will accomplish these tasks through direct execution and involvement as well as coordinating, overseeing, and delegating with and to Technology department resources as well as external vendors, service providers, contractors, and consultants. Additional duties include working with related process stakeholders to identify and resolve related problems and issues as well as realize efficiencies as a result of process and system improvements.
Essential Technical Skills:
· Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Foundation, and Content Management Server
· Knowledge of Sharepoint software solutions including Team Site setup and configuration, Dashboards, Web parts, Windows Sharepoint Services, Portal Server and SharePoint Designer
· Microsoft .Net Framework including .NET Development Platform (Visual Studio), C#, C++, ASP.Net, HTML, XML, Soap, Web Services
· Knowledge of Handshake Software and the Handshake Relationship Framework using pre-defined integrations for major legal applications such as iManage, Elite, etc.
· At least 4 years SDLC business analysis experience
· Knowledge of relational DBMS and SQL
· Good understanding of LDAP/Active Directory
· Working knowledge of document storage and retrieval (DMS), HP/Interwoven preferred
· Knowledge of system life cycle / application development alternatives
· High aptitude for complex problem analysis / resolution
· Lawfirm experience a plus
· Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, MS Project
These are the essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodations:
· Administration and application-level support of corporate SharePoint platform.
· Independently develop, test, document, implement, and maintain SharePoint applications for departmental initiatives. Create and support corporate SharePoint sites and solutions, including custom development
· Troubleshoot, support and maintain all SharePoint information systems. Analyze and identify time-sensitive system problems that could have an impact on business operations
· Communicate effectively to non-technical customers and sponsors.
· Proactively and effectively communicate potential problems, solutions and accomplishments to management
· Analyze existing processes and identify dependencies and potential break points, and recommend and implement improved technical solutions
· Partner with internal customers to understand requirements in business terms and translate those requirements into technical solutions. This includes developing new capabilities as well as break/fix
· Develop specific SDLC documentation. Ensure approval of technical solutions from IT management and key stakeholders
· Write functional specifications
· Develop technical and professional skills in order to perform roles as development lead, lead technical designer or developer
· Evaluate user requests for new / modified programs
· Install and test programs; monitor program performance after implementation
Ideal candidate will have 4+ years of progressive experience working with SharePoint and development languages. Individual should demonstrate the following knowledge areas, competencies, and experience;
· Applications Administration
o Enterprise level client/server database applications.
o Deep expertise in SharePoint software and server configuration and maintenance requirements
o Data integration techniques.
o Vendor management.
o Consultant engagement and management.
o Scheduled maintenance activities.
o Upgrades and patches.
o Development and execution of test plans.
o Peer group involvement and base-lining.
· Systems Administration
o Correction and transport systems.
o Performance base-lining, monitoring, and trouble-shooting.
o Security and disaster recovery.
· Database Administration
o Microsoft SQL.
o Other enterprise level database such as Oracle, DB2, Informix, etc.
o SQL programming.
o Data structures.
o Stored procedures.
o Reports management.
· Systems Analysis
o Root cause analysis.
o Correction and transport systems.
· Business Analysis.
o Requirements specifications and capturing.
o Process engineering.
o Business unit interface.
· Project Management
o Responsible as lead project manager on enterprise level project(s)
o Establishment of timelines, Gantt charts, predecessor/successor relationships, resource loading and management.
o Familiarity with Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.
o Use of one major project deployment methodology such as Scrum or ASAP
o Communication - Listens and gets clarification. Responds to inquiries quickly with professionalism and tact. Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for errors. Able to read and interpret information accurately and concisely. Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical staff.
o Interpersonal Skills - focuses on task at hand. Maintains confidentiality. Works well in a team. Works well with others at all levels of the organization.
o Teamwork - Willing and eager to help others and share knowledge and skills.
o Analytical - Able to mine and collect data needed for problem solving and design projects.
o Strong problem solving skills - gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
o Organization skills - keep work area neat and clear of safety hazards, files are maintained neatly and are easily retrieved. Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and handle numerous projects/tasks, sometimes heavy loads. Detailed oriented.
o Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Willing to commit to additional hours when necessary to reach Firm objectives
o Ability to delegate, coordinate, and build productive working relationships.
o Strong work ethic.
o Strong ownership and responsibility.
o High level of professionalism.
o High integrity.
o Produces quality work reliably and consistently.
o Ability to self-educate.
Computer Skills / Office Equipment
Familiarity with typical office equipment such as fax, computer, telephone, and copier systems. Proven ability to leverage office technology to enhance productivity.
Four year degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer technology, management information systems, or related fields of study. 4+ years serving a similar capacity as Developer. 4 years’ experience working with SharePoint and related systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a telephone, computer keyboard and mouse; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen. The employee frequently required to walk and sit, as well as to lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Extended work hours are periodically required.