Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Engagement Type: Contract
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Duration: 6 Months
Our client is embarking on a strategic project to build a next generation Business Intelligence Platform that will serve internal and external data consumers on a global scale. This hands-on senior developer position will be in the Products and Technology Group and will play a key role in the design, development and testing of data integration components.
- Perform hands-on design, development and testing of data integration (ETL/Real Time) components utilizing established ETL tools
- Perform peer reviews of designs, test results and code
- Research and analyze various data source systems and applications and perform data research/analysis as required to meet client requirements
- Support ETL design, development and testing estimations based business requirements and research into data that is currently sourced
- Perform data analysis with a focus on data quality using data profiling methodologies and tools
- Perform defect/problem analysis and make recommendations as required
- Define and/or support data model customizations to support data integration/ETL processing.
- Perform appropriate levels of unit, integration and performance testing
- Supports requirements definition and contributes to documentation of project and system documentation
- Adhere to established development lifecycle processes and procedures
- 4-6 years experience with established ETL/Data Integration tool (ie Informatica, Talend, DataStage). Experience with open source tools (Talend) a plus
- Full life-cycle development experience in Data Warehousing and ETL/Data Integration projects.
- Understanding of various ETL related concepts such as scheduling, restart/recovery and error handling
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and balance work based on priority
- 4-6 years experience with Data Warehousing
- Understanding of issues regarding Data quality and how to resolve those issues
- 2+ years Linux/Unix experience, including scripting, version control (SVN preferred), etc.
- Strong understanding of dimensional (star/snowflake) data modeling concepts, SQL, query optimization
- Experience with various data source types including XML, Messaging, Database and Flat files
- Experience with Java and Java scripting as part of ETL processing and tool (i.e. Talend) preferred
- Strong experience with relational database technologies supporting data warehouses/BI reporting (specific Netezza and mysql experience is preferred but not required)
- Excellent written and verbal communicate skills with both technical and non-technical staff
- eCommerce, Retail, Supply Chain Management experience preferred, but not required
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Systems or Engineering
Please provide the following candidate information when submitting candidates to NTT Data.
- Full legal Name noted on the resume
- Contact Details/Phone and email address noted on the resume
- Current Location
- Candidates availability for interview: both phone and in person
- Please also include your best competitive rate