Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Senior Architect responsible for designing, developing, and implementing application infrastructure to provide highly-complex, reliable, and scalable applications and systems to meet the organization's objectives and requirements.
The position is for a senior data architect in the Data Administration Division of the Bureau of Business Solutions and Services at PennDOT. This position will be responsible for leading the logical and physical data modeling efforts to support transactional (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) solutions on large enterprise projects from PennDOT’s IT portfolio. Responsibilities will include logical and physical data modeling, design and creation of database objects (e.g., tables, views, stored procedures) and working closely with the business users, developers, and DBA’s.
1. Serve as the lead in developing large, complex logical and physical data models for transactional and analytical solutions.
2. Attend periodic project meetings with business and technical team members to gather requirements and to report on the status of data modeling efforts.
3. Work closely with the business and application development team in building the logical and physical data models.
4. Build these data models using AllFusion Erwin data modeling tool.
5. Resolve any issues and answer any questions the development teams or DBA’s have regarding the physical data models.
6. Create DDL for submission to DBAs for creation of databases in pre-production and production environments.
7. Design and develop indexes, views, check constraints, triggers, and stored procedures for submission to DBA’s for creation in the databases in pre-production and production environments.
8. Manage all change to the physical data model and facilitate a model-driven database development effort.
9. Assist developers and DBA’s with query development and optimization and make any required changes to the physical data model to improve query performance and efficiency.
Skills and Experience:
1. Required: 5+ years of OLTP data modeling (logical and physical)
2. Required: 2+ years as a lead data architect with sole responsibility for large OLTP data models
3. Required: 10+ years overall IT experience
4. Required: Experience using Erwin or similar data modeling tool(s)
5. Required: Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) skills
6. Required: 3+ years of database development in a DB/2, Oracle or SQL Server
7. Required: Highly developed oral and written communication skills
8. Desired: Experience working with Mainframe DB2
9. Desired: Experience working with Oracle 11g
10. Desired: Experience with analytical (OLAP) data models in a data warehouse environment
11. Desired: Experience using Erwin data modeling tool
12. Desired: Experience working as an application developer in Java or .NET
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Overall IT experience
Required 10 Years
OLTP data modeling (logical and physical) experience.
Required 5 Years
Lead Data Architect experience with the sole responsibility for large OLTP data models.
Required 2 Years
Experience using Erwin or similar data modeling tool(s)
Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) skills
Database development experience in DB/2, Oracle or SQL Server
Required 3 Years
Highly developed oral and written communication skills
Experience working with Mainframe DB2
Experience working with Oracle 11g
Experience with analytical (OLAP) data models in a data warehouse environment
Experience using Erwin data modeling tool
Experience working as an application developer in Java or .NET