Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
This position is responsible for developing detailed implementation plans for use by service delivery to be included in proposals, statement of work, and provisioning of approved infrastructure changes. Service, install, configure, document, and test operating systems and other software products. Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Major Job Duties:
· Provide service to client by providing proactive knowledge and acting as an escalation point for Associate Infrastructure Engineer, Service Support, and Service Delivery.
· Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to implement robust scalable systems that mesh with current infrastructure, applications, and systems. Initiate innovation in engineering knowledge, practices, or procedures by testing and adopting new solutions and methods.
· Independently manage approved medium and large scale projects that align towards corporate and departmental goals. Seek out and embrace opportunities to be clients first and best product customer, partner, and collaborator. Contribute to larger projects run by Sr. and Principal Infrastructure Engineers.
· Handle Escalations by Associate Engineers.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to configuration, mapping, processes, and service records. Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
· Conduct research on IT products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry. Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near¬ and long¬term IT capacity needs.
· Ensure critical architectural requirements are maintained throughout implementation as design changes are included. Infrastructure Engineers will exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Ensure continuity from business development to implementation by the delivery organization. Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades. Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Skills and Competencies: Experience in a diverse background of enterprise technology and systems with at least one area of deep technical knowledge.
· Experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Wifi design and implementation. Hands on experience with telephony systems, including Cisco IPT and IPCC. Experience with storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices. Extensive operating systems and application hosting experience in a Windows, Unix Solaris, Linux/Intel, or z/OS environment. Experience in application integration, programming, and qa. Broad knowledge of clients software and best practice implementation. Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives. Interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas in user friendly language. Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a related field Preferred Typically 2 or more years of experience working in a large heterogeneous enterprise IT environment. Typically 2 or more years of experience in IT with some focus on IT procedure and process documentation and execution.
ITIL Practitioner Certifications CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCVP, CCIE for Cisco MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE Microsoft Vmware VCP (Vmware Certified Professional), VMDX (Vmware Certified Design Expert) EMCST, EMCSA, EMCTA, EMCCE, EMCIE for EMC Vendor Neutral Storage Certs SCSP, SCSE, SCSA, SCSNE RHCE, RHCT for Redhat SCLE, SCLM for Suse.