Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The main purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and set the direction for the current and future infrastructure systems in support of all business and IT sponsored projects. This position is responsible for the overall technical design, direction, manageability and supportability of Scottrade's Infrastructure. This position is also responsible for maintaining a highly available and fault tolerant infrastructure.
· Provide principal design and technical oversight for all aspects of the Scottrade infrastructure environments. This includes participating in business and IT projects as well as technical oversight as a member of the Architecture Review Board.
· Propose and assist with the evaluation of products and technologies for use at Scottrade. Develop recommendations and use cases based on evaluations.
· Work closely with development and infrastructure architects as well as senior management to establish and maintain best practices and other relevant documentation.
· Collaborate with engineering teams to develop configurations and procedures that support Scottrade best practices.
· Work closely with business, IT associates and outside vendors to effectively choose, plan, deploy, and maintain large and/or critical system changes.
· Provide day-to-day support, guidance, and mentoring to infrastructure associates; during and after normal business hours.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Advanced knowledge and practical experience designing and maintaining comprehensive large scale infrastructure solutions.
· Must demonstrate a firm understanding of how different technical systems, which make up infrastructure, operate and interact together to ensure a stable and secure environment.
· Expert level proficiency in multiple infrastructure disciplines such as Server (Linux or Windows), Network, Storage, Information Security, Database Administration, Virtualization, Operations and Automation Monitoring.
· Advanced knowledge in the administration and use of at least two of the following. Windows Server, Active Directory, MS SQL, Oracle DB, IIS, Redhat Linux, Windows 7, VMware, Altiris, Exchange, Perl, PowerShell, Java, Python.
· Working knowledge of ITIL methodologies.
· Ability to remain well versed in current and future technology trends, and determine practical applications of emerging technology.
· Must possess good leadership skills and be able to lead groups of diverse IT associates in both strategic and tactical initiatives.
· Ability to travel up to 20% of the time required (approximately 2-4 days per month).
· Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook.
· Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITES & REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, WORKING CONDITIONS AND NOISE LEVEL:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
· The physical requirements of this position are considered to be sedentary work (Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.).
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less in order to view a computer screen).
· The noise level in the work environment is considered loud (data storage center).
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the risk of electrical shock (e.g. Data Center environment).
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· 9+ years prior experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer required.
· 2+ years prior experience as a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer required.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS:
· Contacts with other persons within the department on routine matters as well as regular contact with other departments, or outside the organization furnishing or obtaining factual data requiring ordinary courtesy and tact. May need to regularly utilize specialized communication skills in order to maintain goodwill with internal and external customers. May be required to present to management and work product may influence future departmental or organizational policy or procedure decisions.