Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Enterprise Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence (EDW/BI architect will provide overarching guidance and leadership on all technical and design aspects of the EDW/BI solution, covering both the BI side (Cognos, Reporting, Dashboards, Cubes, Portal Pages, Security, and Usability) and the DW side (EDW, ETL, Sourcing). This person will serve as a technical expert responsible for the design and implementation of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions on our' global analytics platform. The ideal candidate will possess skills in architecting and implementing Enterprise Data Warehouses, Operational Data Stores, ETL, and Business Intelligence solutions with knowledge of leading big data technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL. The candidate should have prior hands-on experience implementing on the Cognos, Informatica, Teradata and preferably Big Data platforms, as well as experience providing leadership in delivering such solutions. The candidate must have full life cycle development experience, which includes requirements analysis and technical design through implementation, as well as experience with mentoring and training other EDW/BI staff.
The EDW/BI architect is responsible for -
Requirements Gathering and Analysis
- Analyzing overall business needs and project-specific information requirements, and defining system requirements to meet the need; prioritizing and managing requirements as they come by.
- Partnering with Project Managers and Business Analysts to validate project-specific Functional Requirements and gathering any additional Technical Requirements.
Design and Development
- Providing design guidance in the development of holistic, best practice EDW and BI designs that meet established standards of performance, scalability, usability, etc. The actual design work may be performed directly by the EDW/BI Architect, or may be performed by the ETL and BI leads, under oversight of the EDW/BI Architect. This includes -
- Overseeing the technical implementation of all EDW/BI solutions, including the development of testing specifications.
- Providing guidance and technical insight in the quality assurance and user acceptance testing phases.
- Working with application support team to resolve issues.
- Logical and physical database design using an industry standard data modeling tool
- Load strategy design and implementation on the Informatica platform
- BI design on the Cognos platform - Standard report, dashboard, portal page, and framework manager model
Project and Operational Management
- Providing input to the project management process in terms of scoping the work involved.
- Working with senior management on facilitating operations and issue resolution.
- Establishing architecture standards for the EDW, Cognos, and ETL including in the areas of naming, performance, scalability, usability, operability, flexibility, affordability, auditability, etc. Ensuring that established standards are followed in projects.
- Describing all technical content
within the purview of EDW/BI, including
- Databases - EDW, ODS, Staging, etc. This documentation can be maintained in an industry standard data modeling tool such as Erwin or E/R Studio and be exported to an online-accessible format for consumption.
- Source to target mappings for ETL processes populating the EDW, ODS and Staging layers. This documentation can be extracted from a metadata management tool such as Informatica Meta Manager.
- BI - Standard reports, Dashboards, Framework Manager models.
- Publishing technical documentation in an online-accessible format for universal consumption.
- Implementation and migration to Big Data Platform.
Candidate must possess -
- 10+ years experience in EDW/BI development and design
- 3+ years of experience leading projects.
- 6+ years experience on the Cognos platform
- 3+ years experience on the Informatica or an equivalent ETL platform
- 3+ years experience architecting EDW/BI solutions in Teradata
- 1+ years experience in Big Data Platform
- 3+ years experience gathering requirements from business users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills