Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
We are looking for a Storage Engineer that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding
environment. This person will help design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and
maintain Storage Area Networks. This person will be comfortable interfacing with the business as well as customers as necessary.
· Perform capacity planning for production, data warehouse, reporting, and other systems to include storage, memory, CPU, and load
· Responsible for the designing, testing, building, monitoring, and administration of all Information Technology storage systems.
adequate storage for database servers
· Work closely with the System Administration, Database Administration, Network Administration, and Information Security teams to plan, design, and architect improvements, additions, and upgrades to systems.
· Configures, tests, and maintains Storage environment and related services
Responsible for providing Storage Administration services on Hitachi USPv, Netapp and Cisco storage fabric.
· Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves storage problems and bottle necks.
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented Storage.
· Daily monitoring, maintenance and problem resolution / escalation
Operating system patches, software code upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
· 5+ years experience in administering, troubleshooting, and supporting Hitach USPv, AMS, Netapp class storage systems.
· 5+ years
experience in capacity planning systems and storage in a "real-time"
or near "real-time" environment
· 5+ years
experience in Systems and/or Network Administration
· 5+ years
experience designing, implementing and managing virtual storage environments.
Hands on experience with Hitachi USPV.
· 3+ years
experience designing, implementing and administrating SAN replication
technologies in multi-site environments
competency in SAN Architecture to its core levels
with Enterprise backup and recovery products such as Netbackup.
proficient in all aspects of Cisco MDS Director Storage Switches
Working knowledge of file systems such as Veritas / Linux, AIX
Demonstrable level of competence including:
· A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common
TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
· Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
· Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs.
firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and
patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of PC workstations, servers,
network equipments, peripherals, and other ancillary equipments
• Ability to travel as needed