Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Biostatistics or related field.
· Minimum of four years’ professional experience in a similar role.
· Knowledge of JAVA and JAVA tools such as Spring and Eclipse.
· Strong knowledge of Oracle and Oracle tools such as Toad.
· Strong knowledge of SQL.
· Highly knowledgeable about relational databases or VLDB (Very Large Data Base such as Oracle/MySQL).
· Experience with any type of Java Application Servers (JBoss, JRun, Oracle AS).
· Strong knowledge and keen interest learning and adapting emerging tools and technologies in the industry.
· Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of the organization as well as principal investigators and other external resources.
· Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
· Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast paced environment.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
· Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Summary: The Senior Developer will develop, support, and maintain the technical aspects of two projects. In particular, this position will manage data obtained through the special study mechanism as specified in the grants, perform any quality assurance checks, create an analytic data set, and deliver the data to the statisticians for data analysis.
· Manage data collection, data processing, data validation and warehousing.
· Build and implement a user-friendly online data collection tool within the existing IT infrastructure of the NCDB under the direction of the PI and investigative team.
· Oversee quality of data submissions and reconcile datasets with new data. Identifies areas for data quality improvement. Assists in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies. Develops data quality performance measures that promote data quality.
· Prepare and deliver datasets for high-level statistical analysis by the biostatistical team.
· Provide technical support in responding to questions and problems associated with use of the tool.
· Work with statistical, clinical and program teams to troubleshoot issues within datasets.
· Other duties as assigned