Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Engagement Type: Contract
Location: Washington DC
Duration: 6 Months
Last Date to submit resumes: 05/13/2012
The NMS Tool Developer will be responsible for the development, design, planning, integration and deployment of new monitoring systems, applications and policies for the Network architecture.
Within the Network Operations Center, OCTO provides network monitoring and management services to every District Agency that is connected to the Network. OCTO combines powerful management tools such as HP OpenView, Network Node Manager (NNMi/OMU), Solarwinds, Spectrum, Cisco Transport Manager (CTM), HP Openview Operations (OVO), Concord eHealth, Remedy, Concord NetHealth, HP SiteScope, HP Siteseer and integrated applications with proven methodologies and processes to deliver high-quality services designed to increase network availability and optimize performance across the Network. These systems are built on the Sun Microsystems/Oracle platforms 280R, V120 and V440 servers. All of the systems and applications run Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10 and Enterprise Linux 5, 6 and Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008 in both physical and virtual environment. These systems and applications are to be integrated and developed on a daily basis by the Network Management System (NMS) Tool Developer. Additionally, UNIX shell/PERL scripts and automated tasks need to be written for these applications in order to perform various tasks and integrate databases. The NMS Tool Developer is responsible for the creation and integration of these scripts.
In order to proactively support, monitor, and manage the entire NETWORK, the District requires a skilled NMS Tool Developer to augment NMS staff. This technical resource/position to be contracted plays a key role in migration and maintaining smooth operations within the Network Operations Center.
Specific tasks will vary, however, this document is meant to serve as a summary or introduction to the known duties that must be handled. Under general supervision this position will provide the following:
• Perform development, implementation and support activities on Unix, Linux and Windows systems.
• Assist with the building of new network management infrastructure and applications.
• Develop solutions for managing network devices.
• Provide technical support on new NMS servers and applications.
• Perform diagnostic tests, note symptoms, gathers relevant problem/malfunction facts and data from users.
• Prepare documentation for the proper placement and sizing of NMS server equipment.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of NMS hardware and software inventory.
• Assist with upgrades and installation of systems and applications on request; find ways to automate recurring tasks.
• Recommend policies on system and application use and services.
• Design, development, deployment, problem identification, remediation and assist with the on-going support of a network of Unix, Linux and Windows servers.
• This position will work as a member of a network operations team that manages, monitors and supports the NETWORK.
This position will report to the NOC Manager for assignment of duties and tasks.
Since this position requires a wide range of technical skills relating to the WAN, Email, DNS, Database and Internet/web systems, this is not a junior-level position. Anything less than a fully qualified NMS Tool Developer will result in a delay to the infrastructure and application migration projects as required by the NOC.
-Develop and maintain productive working relationships with management, customers, team members, and other groups.
-Ability to exercise initiative and resourcefulness necessary for prioritizing multiple and on-going projects.
Assist in the creation and maintenance of NMS H/W and S/W Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Assist with the support and maintenance of NMS infrastructure Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Design, develop, deploy, and problem identification Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Develop solutions for managing network devices Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Experience implementing Cisco ACS for AAA Required 3 Years 3 - Expert
Perform development, implementation and support activities on Unix/Windows Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Perform diagnostic tests, note symptoms, gathers relevant information Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Provide technical support regarding NMS server and application operations, Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Support of a network of Sun Microsystems and Microsoft Windows servers Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
Professional Certifications CCNA Nice to have 3 Years 3 - Expert
Understanding of ESX / VMWare and Securing a Virtual infrastructure Nice to have 2 Years 1 - Basic
Recommend policies on system and application use and services Desired 3 Years 3 - Expert