Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
The qualified candidate will serve as a GIS developer responsible for assisting the Office of Quality Improvement in developing the GIS GETSTATS application and determining standards and governance for GIS at SSA. This candidate should be able to:
• Develop new and maintain existing GIS applications using the ESRI Suite of products.
• Develop .NET applications without assistance.
• Analyze, review, and alter existing programs to increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
• Provide technical and operational expertise and leadership to the SSA GIS development team.
• Recommend, construct, and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines in the development and delivery of GIS solutions to client.
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of GIS/ESRI tools, and work without supervision.
• Provide guidance to a cross-functional team, and act in a consulting capacity.
• Provide guidance on the programmatic aspects of the ESRI object model.
• Integrate Google Maps in Web applications.
• Conduct the formulation of solutions to customer problems based on prior experience and hands-on understanding of how the ESRI product suite interrelates and supports SSA goals.
• Document applications.
Develop GIS standards, best practices and governance documents.
ESRI Certifications desired. Bachelor's Degree in a related field, such as geography or cartography and 11 years of experience.