Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Urgent need for Java developer. Must have banking or investment domain expertise.
Duration: 6 plus month.
Please go through the detailed job description and email resume, contact details and bill rate as soon as possible.
The he role is for a Java developer working in the US Credit Trading IT team. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of a large-scale, multi-tiered Java application called Centralized Pricing (CP) as part of a global team.
Centralized Pricing is a global, high-performance, real-time pricing and electronic trading platform used by several trading desks across multiple asset classes. The US Credit Trading team is currently looking to build out functionality for the local trading desk that focuses on corporate bonds and CDS.
The platform supports electronic trading on several platforms and
Centralized Pricing has enabled RBS to become a market leader within the eCommerce space.
The global CP team contains around 60 developers and consists of development centres in London, Tokyo, India and Singapore. The CP system is written in Java on the server side with a C# GUI and Sybase database.
Despite the complexity of the system we have a fast development turnaround, underpinned by a very strong development team. Our release lifecycle consists for frequent small releases based on an Agile development methods with a great deal of responsibility placed on the developers
We are willing to hire a developer who may require close mentoring for up to a year to complete their progression to the exceptional levels expected of developers in this team. For such a candidate we look for the essential skills and personal attributes. For a candidate at a higher salary level we look for more of the supplementary experience.
· Solid understanding of the fundamentals of vanilla Java programming - Multi-threading, OO, distributed computing, message-based architectures.
· Java OO server-side (not EJB or Web) development.
· Experienced a structured environment such as software house or large team.
· Application development involving an understanding of the user domain, rather than just implementing technical solutions.
· Proven experience of complete project lifestyle.
· Development experience on a large complex codebase
· Experience of working and developing software in a real-time environment.
· Basic Fixed Income knowledge required.
· Experience with Bloomberg, TradeWeb or MarketAxess trading platforms.
· Financial knowledge
· Front office
· Electronic Trading
· Improving development practices for team as a whole
· Fixed Income knowledge bond or CDS pricing and e-trading
· Keen interest in financial products and eager to develop a career in technology in the front office of an investment bank.
· Takes ownership of issues and manages them appropriately.
· Genuine interest in teamwork. Proven record of making improvements for the team as a whole, assisting and working with others and aligning development work with team objectives.
· Understanding that application development is more than purely coding.