Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
SQL DBA needed in Columbia, SC
Duration – 12 months plus extensions
Please make sure your canidadates have not been submitted to State of SC. We must work with candidate with whom you hold the visa – there is no time for visa transfer.
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to database configuration and performance.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current database systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex database systems problems
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain Database Server systems; install and configure application databases in collaboration with Network Administrrations and Application Support groups
- Perform Operating System and Database System upgrades and updates
- Lead and execute small projects
- Maintain familiarity with current DBMS and OS products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Qualified candidate will be responsible for performing root cause analysis/resolution.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- At least 5 years experience in Database Administration
- Expert on SQL Server Technologies, especially 2005 and 2008
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Experience with High Avalibility clusters (Failover / Mirroring)
- Experience in performance monitoring for SQL Server / Windows environments
- Experience with VMware
- Hands-on technical knowledge of DBMS Technolgies and server operating systems
- Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills a must.
- Able to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required.
- Leading effective team meetings
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- High Avaliability Clustering / Mirroring background
- Data Warehouse background
- EMC SAN
- Familiarity with Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) and Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
- SSIS/SSAS/SSRS support experience
- IBM OS / IDMS knowledge (additonal plus)