Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Test Automation Engineer as a part of Agile software development team, to develop the Automation scripts using QTP.
The selected person will be responsible for:
* Developing Master Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Data for a web based application.
* Developing automation scripts, working with developers, test team members, and business Subject Matter experts to design automation scripts.
* Executing and updating automation scripts test cases via automation tools and/or programming.
* Storing and developing repository of the developed automation scripts for regression testing.
* Reporting detailed test results of automation scripts completion, failure, and blocked rate.
* Participating in technical design and walk through with development team.
* Devising ways to automate operational procedures that are manually done in Unix based type environment, database type environment, networking type environments, and storage type environments.
* Defining complex information in order to drive and track test cases resulting in measurable and repeatable test results that can be automated based on risk based testing.
* Attending quality control and testing related meetings for that will result in the creation of automation strategies.
* Providing input in the creation of the automated test planning for each project.
* Designing and developing automated test cases.
* Analyzing complex testing procedures and recommending actions to improve reduction in manual testing effort process.
* Contributing to the development of test strategies and approaches for regression test automation also may be requested to create automation scripts for requirements test cases, adhoc (negative) test cases, performance timing test cases, and user automated test cases.
* Implementing automation testing tools to gain further efficiencies.
* Ensuring any unresolved problems or issues with testing efforts are documented and escalated.
* Analyzing and prioritizing defects resulting from automated script.
* Providing status and progress reports by project on automated efforts.
* Effectively communicating in meetings with project team members and stakeholders.
* Expertise in QuickTest Pro (QTP) and Quality Center (QC), design and implementation of QTP tests scripts.
* Expertise in QTP scripting language, and proven ability to read and code Visual Basic and Java.
* Experience in mapping requirements to test cases and the ability to come-up with ideas to enhance the existing process.
* Ability to store and develop repository of the developed automation scripts for regression testing.
* Ability to report detailed test results of automation scripts completion, failure, and blocked rate.
* Experience participating in technical design and walk through with development team.
* Experience with automated build processes integrated with automated testing and QA reporting.
* Strong experience with manual testing, testing tools, writing test plans, and reviewing test cases.
* Ability to deliver documents like TestPlan, Reports etc. with high quality.
* Experience creating and implementing test environments for a client-server or distributed system involving relational databases.
* Microsoft Windows XP, Windows NT, and Office Suite.
* Proven ability to support software engineering life cycle (requirements analysis, design alternatives; detail program specifications, test plans, test case scenarios, etc.)
* Written and verbal communications skills.
* Effectively work in a team environment and adjust to dynamic schedules.
* Ability to deliver on quick pace, excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to adjust schedules to accommodate changing priorities on automation.
* Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills possessing a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with varying priorities.
* Strong ability to work smoothly and effectively in groups comprised of widely ranging personality types.
* Detail oriented and deliverable focused.
BA/BS degree + 11 years of role specific IT experience.