Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Optimizing database for its better performance, provide database resource management features that can help controlling resource allocation.(Performance tuning). After installation and configuration, downloading and installing patches on regular basis. If you have multiple production database systems or create testing and development database system similar to your production database systems, then DBA has to roll out existing installation to other hosts. Creating and developing strong disaster management policy as per requirement of SLA and company.
· Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
· Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
· Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
· Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
· Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
· Train users and answer questions.
· Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
· Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases.
· Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
· Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information
Specific Job Duties:
· Must possess a good knowledge of Oracle and experience with managing large databases.
· Experience with SQL server a plus.
· Perform various DBA tasks such as install, configure, backup/restore and implementation of database designs.
· Monitor production databases, tune the database for maximum performance and assist in query optimization.
· Maintain various standby servers and a robust disaster recovery solution.
· Support various application developers in stored procedures, views, DDL, etc.
· Act as DBA for a few SQL server databases.
· Experienced in Database monitoring, diagnosing database problems and fixing issues.
· Install and Configure RAC databases and maintenance of OCR and Voting disk.
· Upgrading of Clusterware and database from 10.2.0.2 to 126.96.36.199.
· Work closely with Information Network Systems engineering staff on complex issues and projects
· Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation as required.
· Communicate implementation timelines and tasks.
· Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications and accuracy of technical specification documents.
· Assign, track, follow-up and report tickets for various system issues.
· Coordinate and communicate issues and system status to senior management and stakeholders.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems /Engineering or foreign equivalent with relevant Experience as a Systems Analyst or Oracle Database Administrator or Technical Specialist or Software Engineer or related required.