Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
DevOps (Cloud, Infrastructure Automation) Project Manager / Consultant
Base Location: Seattle, WA
Other Locations: Dallas TX, Chicago IL, Atlanta GA, or St. Louis MO
12 Months + Possible Extension
Day to Day Activities
Need consultants to work from Seattle location, can consider alternate locations with a few weeks onsite Seattle F2F in the early phase.
· We are seeking consultant for Dev Ops to manage and support our software development teams and customer production environments. Responsibilities include implementing and managing the tools, processes and cloud environments to automate our build, test, deploy, and production infrastructure. You will build the tools and processes to support a continuous delivery framework for on-demand self-service provisioning and management of data center applications.
· Experience working with and supporting software development efforts and production server environments
· Exposure to Cloud server environments such as Amazon Web Services, EC2, OpenStack or Cloud Foundry
· Experience with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Juju, Puppet or similar technologies
· Experience with PaaS and IaaS technologies.
· Worked with software repository and continuous integration tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
· Operations and scaling of web servers and application servers
· Scripted programming language such as Ruby or Python
· Create and maintain IT policies and enforce compliance, including security and data privacy policies
· Understand various technologies and many different platforms including Java, Messaging Systems, Node.js, RDBMS, NoSql etc.
· Deep knowledge of automation systems including software deployment and release management processes.
· Prototyping and implementing Datacenter solutions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly expanding environment
· Experience with documenting procedures
· Able to troubleshoot and resolve internal and customer problems in a timely manner
· Strong communication, interaction and customer service skills with end customers and staff members
· Able to work with architects to implement IT infrastructure solutions