Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: 1 Year
The software release deployment manager serves as a liaison between varying development teams to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of software products or updates. This role is the gatekeeper to the various system environments and applications and is responsible for the all deployment and packaging of software changes. This position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the source control repositories. This role develops, manages and maintains the system code and documentation baseline in the safe store repository. Candidate must be able to manage multiple development environments (Dev, QA, Demo, and multiple Production) using Agile/Scrum methodology.
Manages the release process
end-to-end, from the planning of release content through to actual release
deployment to production. Plans the deployment of software releases of products
and the in-house applications.
Maintains the current software change management process for documenting software release notes while actively championing and evolving the process to support release management.
Monitors progress of phases by employing appropriate metrics and management reporting.
Concisely and appropriately distributes all software releases. Schedules reviews as necessary to ensure all stakeholders are aware of the impacts of a software release.
Coordinates and participates in regular post-implementation reviews and presents release metrics in order to assist with the evaluation of release quality.
Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
Tracks and reports status and other metrics against goals on an ongoing basis.
Works with other technical team members to resolve all release related issues.
Writes and maintains written procedures for release management.
Ensures completion of operational and technical documentation prior to software release for each application. Gathers necessary release notes and user guides prior to releasing into production.
Assists customer groups (Delivery teams) make tradeoff decisions and plans around deployment schedules.
· Strong experience in software release engineering, and/or configuration management.
· Extensive experience performing functions of build/release/ configuration engineer.
· Knowledge of software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems.
· Working knowledge of Source Control Tools
· Knowledge of Configuration Management industry standards and best practices.
· Knowledge of technical architectures and development phases
· Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Ability to manage time effectively, to work under time pressure, to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to rapidly learn new software and maintain competency with developing technologies.