Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cisco routing and switching experience, along with ASA experience required.
The Network Engineer is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting local area networks, wide area networks and virtual private networks.. The Network Engineer provides high-level technical support for data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures. The Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, network management systems, and application load-balancing appliances.
- Support of the following Technologies:
- Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000, Catalyst 6500 switches, Layer 2 and Layer 3 network switching/routing
- Configure and troubleshoot issues within production networks running dynamic routing protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot issues with Layer 7 Load Balancing, F5 LTM/GTM Bigips
- Configure and troubleshoot issues with User Access; SSLVPN, Remote Access, Authentication
- Advanced Network Troubleshooting including packet captures and analysis
Required Skills and Necessary Experience: Cisco
routing and switching experience, along with ASA experience required.
- 3+ years experience as a Network Engineer in a large diverse environment
- Experience designing high performance, fault tolerant networks
- Experience with Layer 2 and 3 switching, Cisco
- Knowledge of Layer 7 Load Balancing Technologies such as F5 Networks
- Knowledge of Firewall Technologies such as Cisco ASA
- Knowledge of network protocols, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, Client Certificates
- Experience with DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of dynamic routing, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
Desired Skills and Necessary Experience:
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Experience with network management and automation tools