Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
MUST HAVE MKS or Hudson or Jenkins experience
JOB SUMMARY: Set up a new product’s software project in our ALM system then assist developers in installing, learning and becoming proficient with it. Customization and support of configuration management and embedded cross Client build systems on Linux servers. Installing operating system software components, third-party applications and writing custom integration scripting. This individual has frequent interaction with third-party technology vendors and internal facilities staff as well as the department’s software developers the systems server administrators.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Configure PTC/MKS based ALM system for a new embedded product. Establishing a new repository project, developers interface and continuous build process.
• Develop and maintain scripts to automate components of the system that require regular care and feeding.
• UNIX operating systems: configure and install operating system software for developer environments and build system.
• Set up automated backup system.
• Administer system accounts and maintain software logs and system software installation media.
• Tune and validate the UNIX operating systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems and outages.
• Create and maintain documentation on software build system.
• Software Configuration using application lifecycle management tool MKS.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Operate as a team player who assists other staff members.
Configuration management knowledge
• 5+ years of Software Configuration Management experience
• Working knowledge of configuring MKS Integrity source and build management system.
• Experience with creating and maintaing MKS Integrity trigger scripting and interfacing.
• Experience with multiple source code repositories, CVS, Mercurial, MKS Integrity specifically
• Scripting for automation, unix shells, java script, Pearl, Python
• An understanding of branching, merging and change package SCM strategies.
• Strong OS and application install, configure administration skills.
• Understanding of flex and other license servers
• Understanding of Web technologies.
• Understanding of networking concepts.