Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
CANDIDATE WHO HAS EXC COMM SKILLS-COULD MORE THAN LIKELY COME FOR A FACE TO FACE IN BOSTON-THIS IS LONG TERM 12 MONTHS PLUS
A PERSON WHO HAS WORKED IN A STATE AGENCY--SUCH AS DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION OR RMV, DEPT OF HIGHWAY ETC...FOR ANY STATE
The ideal BA candidate will meet with business customers, gather business requirements, develop business documentation, and assist in implementation of revised or new standard operating procedures for in our division that are in the field.
The candidate will provide process and requirements that are complete, concise and clear ensuring the needs of the business are understood so that requirements may be communicated clearly to other IT personnel.
Approach must be a combination of analysis, project management, communication and documentation skills and experience with a variety of software development lifecycles and tools
The Business Analyst will interact with business representatives to gain an understanding of the business environment and gather requirements, act as a liaison between customer and technical solutions/support groups to identify business process and product requirements, research, identify, and design solutions to business problems.
The candidate will analyze business and user needs, and document specifications to meet those needs, conduct user testing of processes understanding the data input to a process step, the process decisions that are made, and the data output to a process step.
This must be tested and documented to ensure proper functionality prior to implementation, as well as consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
The candidate will work as part of the Business Analyst team to develop and refine internal BA processes and standards for the group. The candidate will work with the business to refine and re-engineer business processes where needed. As a senior level Business Analyst, this person will be asked to perform some mentoring for other Business Analysts on the team.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Skill in analyzing organizational problems and identifying effective solutions using six sigma principals and continuous improvement methods.
2. Document the data input , process/decision made, along with rules definition and data output by role with security considerations
3. Lead failure mode effects analysis, risk analysis and gap analysis
4. Capture business requirements, functional requirements and data requirements
5. Experience in TQM and ISO process and tools
6. Understand how to define performance metrics in workflow processing
7. Skill in process improvement methodologies and problem solving processes, such as root cause analysis, pareto analysis, force field analysis and analysis of performance variance in procedural design.
8. Knowledgeable about various conflict style preferences
9. Experience with process mapping and use of the IBM Blueworks tool is highly desirable.
10. Gathers and documents the detailed business requirements in form of a traceable, testable and verifiable format
11. Applies use cases to fully ascertain the functionality of the system changes
12. Guides the business to make the appropriate decisions to reach a positive impact to the technology solution
13. Define workflow for all assigned projects
14. Make appropriate business decisions that carry the project forward to completion and elevate any concerns of delay to management when necessary
15. Work closely with all IT Managers involved with the project.
16. Works closely with the business users in identifying business rules to aid in the functional specifications of tasks so that the IT Designers and Developers are able to create programs that fulfill all business expectations.
17. Exposure to Business Requirements modeling techniques including Unified Modeling Language (UML), ) and service modeling
18. Knowledge of integrated business process modeling for operations procedures, including process improvements and efficiencies
19. Monitor scope creep and "Change Requests" to avoid losing control of project
20. Develop reports to communicate schedules, issues, risks and project changes to project stakeholders and project manager.
21. Liaison between the business and the developers as they begin coding and testing the functional changes within the code.
22. Provide the necessary documentation in a project - I.e. statement of work, business requirements, use cases, functional specifications, and documentation for business training materials.
23. Research best practices for business analysis and suggest improvement opportunities for the team
24. Ability to perform business analysis tasks on multiple projects
25. Extensive use of the system development life cycle.
26. Resolves business problems.
27. Possesses strong knowledge of the business and applications that support them.
28. Provides mentoring to other business analysts.
29. Attends to other tasks as assigned by supervisor.