Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client's database development group supports statewide online, interactive applications to collect data from and provide services to students, teachers and administrators. We are looking for a contractor to assist in creating, enhancing, and testing database code for a few of the major online applications. The contractor selected will work initially as a member of a project team creating preparation Program review application and Report Card, but may be required to develop, support and m maintain other database code as a representative of the Longitudinal Data Systems and Race to the Top project teams. We are looking for a database developer to respond to requests for creating, maintaining, automating, and troubleshooting database code. Responsibilities include: writing and enhancing PL/SQL modules, extracting data, loading data, writing SQL queries, and analyzing and improving query performance. This position requires interaction with the development/production support team as well as a range of business users.
• Highly proficient and knowledgeable of good programming and tuning techniques in Oracle PL/SQL and SQL
• Strong knowledge of TOAD & SQL * Plus
• Experience with SQL optimization.
• Experience writing triggers, views, procedures, packages and materialized views for Oracle and SQL Server databases.
• Experience with ETL processes
• Experience with Oracle utilities (SQL*LOADER, UTL_FILE, SQL functions)
- Experience understanding and creating data model diagrams with Oracle Designer
• Knowledge of job scheduling and Windows DOS commands
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Very strong interpersonal skills.
• Java script/HTML experience is desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years demonstrated analytical skills, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g/11g, Microsoft SQL Server
• 3+ years experience writing complex SQL queries