* Strong Verbal/Written Communication Skills (Excellent interpersonal/project
mgmt follow-up skills)
* Strong knowledge of Perl (and/or other scripting languages)
* Strong Linux Operating System knowledge (preferably RedHat distribution).
* Knowledge of Solaris Operating System
* Strong on storage related products and technologies (SAN, NAS, storage
pools, host level mirroring).
Overall knowledge, troubleshooting, design improvements, understanding of
different storage area network topologies, knowledge of FabricOS (Brocade
Operating System on switches), familiarity with OnTap Operating System.
* Must have knowledge of vxvm or a similar volume manager tooling
* Strong documentation Skills
* Must have the aptitude and the interest to work in a variety of
* Customer interaction skills are required
* Possess ability to craft innovative technical solutions in a challenging
* Understanding of core server concepts, Disks, CPU, Network interfaces and
nominal routing trouble-Shooting
The Unix Operations team liaises with engineering groups
to set direction for the many disciplines that are part of our day-to-day
service portfolio (storage, core infrastructure services and special projects).
In addition, Unix Operations interacts with many customers from numerous
business units as a mechanism to generate improvements to be able to ?run the
bank? more efficiently and effectively.
The ideal candidate will be equipped with strong System Administrator knowledge
both in Linux and Solaris. Coding skills are a plus and Storage (storage area
networks and network attached storage) knowledge is a strong requirement.
Being technically competent in the below areas with the drive to expand their
knowledge is essential. Any individual who has worked in a large corporate
environment will have the understanding and skill to learn, improve the process
and have the foresight to automate tasks to enhance these processes for