- Over 20 year experience writing technical specification, coding, testing and implementing software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team player, as well as work independently to achieve organizational objectives.
- Participated in 24x7 on-call support to team and independent environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well versed working with end-user’s for support and requirement definition.
Hardware: IBM PC’s & Compatibles, IBM AS/400 V4.R4, Wang, Tandem, Mainframe, VAX
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT, VMS, VAX 11/780
Languages: COBOL, COBOL74/85, SQL, RPG/400, RPG IV, Visual Basic 6.0, FOCUS/WEBFOCUS, JCL, C
Visual Basic.Net, HTML/XHTML, CSS
Software/Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project Management, MS Visio, Lotus 1-2-3, Implementer, Hawkeye
Database: Oracle, DB2, Non-SQL, SQL/400
Systems: Strategic Data Systems, Data Direction Systems,
ACOM(Laser Check Systems), LIFESYS
- AS/400 Relational Data Base System, AS/400 CL, AS/400 RPG/RPG IV, SQL/400 FOCUS/Web FOCUS, Hawkeye, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, Procedure Language, Implementer, Oracle SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, C programming, PC troubleshooting, JCL.
Confidential, Lincoln, NE (Aug. 2005- May 2009)
Application Developer Tech.
- Written technical specifications and timeline for extracts and conversion programs
- Participated 24x7 on-call support for daily and monthly cycles.
- Modified and Maintained LIFESYS Insurance software.
Confidential, Lincoln, NE (Sept. 2002- Aug. 2005)
- Responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and ongoing maintenance to the health and life insurance applications on mainframe.
- Develop new reports.
- Developed new applications, data extracts and reports for different clients.
Confidential,Omaha, NE (2001-05/02)
Applications Programmer Analyst
- Responsible for design, code, development, testing and ongoing maintenance to the Telemarketing reporting system.
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented new reports for MBNA and Cricket clients.
Confidential, Omaha, NE (1994-2001) Senior Programmer Analyst (1997-2001)
- Responsible for analysis of claim and policy applications.
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented new applications.
- Modified and maintained Strategic Data Systems Insurance Software.
- Created written project plans and status report.
- Developed test plans, case studies and processes to ensure the accuracy of new modules or enhancements to current programs on a module and system level.
- Documented all enhancements, new development and system changes.
- Served as primary senior analyst in charge of supporting daily and monthly cycles.
- Designed and created new reports using FOCUS and Web FOCUS.
Project: ACOM (Laser Check Printing)
- Project leader for property and casualty division.
- Evaluated and selected the ACOM software for laser check printing.
- Integrated ACOM software with claim applications.
- Analyzed, designed, modified codes, tested, and implemented claim applications.
- Eliminated the cost of pre-printed checks for eight different checkbooks.
- Reduced operation and claim staff times to process the check. Improved claim check processing.
- Added company 13 and company 15 to strategic data systems. Analyzed, modified and tested codes for policy systems, claims systems and accounting systems.
- Added new bank accounts and updated all the tables.
- SDS has capability to add new business and process claims for companies 13 and 15.
Project Title: Y2K
- Team member for Y2K project.
- Responsible for claim system applications.
- Modified the code and unit tested and system tested for claim systems.
Programmer Analyst (1994-1997)
- Responsible to develop and maintain software in business applications policy, claims and accounting.
- Performed detailed software application system analysis and design for moderately complex applications.
Project: Business Owners Policies
- Added new line of business to SDS system.
- Detail designed, coded, tested and implemented.
- Received an achievement award for the team\'s work in getting a new line of business implemented on SDS.
Project: Claim Suit Systems
- Detail designed, coded, tested and implemented.
- Captured all data for management reporting purpose.
Confidential,Omaha, NE (1988-1994)
Application Programmer (1992-1994)
- Responsible for designing, specs, coding, testing (including user testing) of accounting, public housing and section eight applications.
- Maintained data direction systems software and also imparted training to new users.
- Documented application programs and user’s procedures.
- Converted Wang COBOL applications to AS/400 COBOL applications. Compiled and tested all applications.
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented force account labor and personnel systems.
Database Analyst (1989-1992)
- Responsible for \'PACE\' Database Systems. Analyzed, designed and maintained PACE database.
- Designed various queries and reports for personnel, accounting, section eight and public housing sectors.
- Designed and implemented public housing utility application.
- Designed and implemented 14 day’s and three day’s eviction notice in PACE.
- Designed and implemented 1099 forms for all the vendors.
Computer Technician (1988-1989)
- Responsible for operations of Public Housing \'Wang\' VS Mini Computer and backups and disaster recovery, and installation of hardware.
- Responsible for installation and connectivity of IBM PC and stand-alone workstation.
- Coded and implemented several operating procedures for daily and weekly backups.
B.S.B.A., Management Information Systems
B.S., General Sciences