- 8+Years of experience in SAP BW/BI working for Fortune 500 Companies like EDS, Quadrem, Bluecross Blue Shield, Skytel, Coke..
- Involved in 7 Projects Which includes Full life cycle implementation, upgrade from 3.X to 7.0,Enhancements and Post Production Support in the areas of SAP Logistics SD, MM Financials (FI/CO), COPA, SPL, AR, AP, GL, CCA, PCA, and HR modules.
- Experienced with Onsite-Offshore model of work.
- Worked as Business Analyst and also as Team Lead and Directly interacted with the Business People (End users & Power Users) for the requirements.
- Extensively Worked on Reports like Dashboards and Scoreboards for high level Management.
- Train the existing team in BI 7.0 (NetWeaver 2004s) and End users & Power Users.
- Quick study who rapidly assimilates into organization and employs new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies to support business objectives. Thrive in both independent and collaborative environments.
- Energetic and self-motivated team player. At ease in high stress and fast-paced environments requiring the ability to effectively handle senior level responsibilities.
SAP Experience – Summary
SAP BW Release: SAP Net Weaver 2004s (BI 7.0), 3.5, 3.0B, 2.1C:
- Data Warehouse Architecture and Multidimensional Data Modeling – Designed and Development of InfoCubes, MultiCubes and RemoteCubes based on the data analysis and reporting needs, defining complex routines.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Data (ETL) - Preparing SAP R/3 for SAP BW using Methods like LO CockPit Extraction,COPA Extraction and defining the loading strategies, initial and delta data loads using IDOCs and PSA (TRFCs) loading, scheduling and monitoring data loads.
- Reporting and Analyzing SAP BW data - Defining queries using the BEx Analyzer & Browser to deliver SAP and non-SAP BW information in an organized fashion. Executed the reports from 3rd party reporting tool by pulling data directly from BI.
- Performance improvement- Otimizing data loads, index management, defining InfoCubes aggregates,query optimization.
Adavnced Concepts in Net weaver 2004S (BI 7.0):
- Worked on Data transfer process(DTP), Data warehousing workbench, DSO’s, remodeling toolbox,tree search,generic search,DSO object structure.
- Extensively used ABAP in Start, End routines, Transformations, User Exits and Enhancements.
- Worked in error handling using error stack,Temporary data storage,Process chain,flexible execution path.
- Worked on BEx Report Designer,BEx Analyzer, BEx Web Application Designer, Information Broadcasting,Integration Planning, Portal Integration, Application Process Designers (APD’s) .
- Extensively worked on the Performance Tuning of the System.
SAP R/3 Release: 4.6C, 4.7E, ECC 6.0,4.0.
- ABAP Development Workbench, Data Dictionary (DDIC).
- Extensive experience in Reports (Classical and Interactive Reports) ALVs, Dialog Programming, Data Dictionary objects, Conversions, Interfaces, BDCs, RFCs, LSMW, Function Modules, ABAP Objects, SAP Scripts, Smart forms, User Exits and Enhancements in modules SD,MM,FI, PP, CRM ,and HR .
- Testing, Debugging, Runtime Analysis, SQL Trace& Performance Tuning.
- Extensive experience in BAPIs, BADIs.
- Good experience in Debugging and Performance tuning, SQL Trace, Runtime Analysis.
- Good experience in find and Implement OSS notes to enhance Different Data sources.
- Good understanding of Functional and Technical in SAP Industry specific modules like IS-U/CCS, IS-MEDIA.
SAP BI Architect
Aug 2005 Onwards
SAP 4.7, BI 7.0 , SAP 3.5 FI-CO,SD,MM Cognos, Visual Composer
- Gathered information regarding the business requirements from Management and Users.
- Involved in Preparation of Specifications, requirements gathering by analyzing Data flow from ECC.
- Identified the necessary Business Content using content browser and content analyzer, mapped the business process requirements with the available Business content. Installed and activated the relevant Business content for master data and transactional data.
- Implemented SD, MM, FI-CO.
- Implemented the data extraction process on BI 7.0 that includes installation of the Business content, creating data transfer processes (DTP) using the new BI 7.0 features.
- Implemented standard Business Content FI-GL and FI-AP cubes for transaction figures reports.
- Worked with generic extraction to extract data for Initial and Delta load data from SAP R/3 source system.
- Enhancements to SD Header (2LIS_11_VAHDR) and Item (2LIS_11_VAITM) data source to pull Passenger data along the standard booking data.
- Enhancements to Data Sources (BOOKING_VERSION, PASSENGER_HEADER, PASSENGER_ITEM, BOOKING_STATUS for specific data fields for both Generic and Master Data Sources (0VENDOR_ATTR).
- Creation of Staging, Integration and Reporting Data Storage Objects (DSO), Info Sets and wrote start, end routines and Transformations.
- Worked on Routines, User exits & Customer exits.
- For reporting used Bex broad casting for Report transmission by Mail, Fax used Bursting concept.
- Created process chains to automate the loading process.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing and performance testing.
- Responsible for providing design, develop and support to Enterprise Financial Warehouse systems (efw) and SIFT in EDS CFO department. In this system, the financial data comes Globally from three different regions (Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific).
- SIFT system is Synchronized Integration Forecast tool is used to forecast the financial data and Business Objects is used to generate and use Reports by the users.
- Responsible for providing co-ordination with the project team and Business end users for designing the data models.
- Responsible for design and development of Customized Data sources, Info-objects, Infosources and Infocubes.
- Provide Data modeling, Data design and development for all ETL efforts needed for all R/3 as well as non-R/3 data extractors.
- Responsible for maintaining new Master data objects, Texts and Hierarchy changes in BI Global Landscape.
- Responsible for Troubleshooting and providing solutions for error resolutions in the area of Data Extraction (Generic Extractors, LO Cockpit), User Exits, Data Loading (Full/Delta upload), Scheduling, Monitoring Process Chains, and Multicubes.
- Responsible for identifying and developing testing scenarios for Patch Upgrades/ Upgrades as part of Production Support.
- Provide Performance Tuning activities weekly on certain BI objects including removal of PSA’s, Compression, Roll ups of Aggregates.
- Provide assistance in the area of collecting, Transporting and Testing of all Queries, and Workbooks.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP BW Components like Info Cubes, Multi Cubes, Info Sources, Info Objects, ODS objects, Update Rules and Transfer Rules.
- Responsible for providing all Production support including Loading, Monitoring, Scheduling, correcting Regular Batch cycles in all the three regions
- Expertise in Business Content Services consisting of business rules, metadata, reference data, Data extraction, ODS and other data objects.
- Responsible for providing co-ordination with the project team and Business end users for designing the data models.
- Responsible for design and development of Customized Date sources, Info-objects, Info sources and Infocubes.
- Responsible for maintaining Company Codes, New Global accounts, Transferring Exchange Rates.
- Participated in several patch upgrades of BW and R/3 systems.
- Created several financial variance queries for balance sheet and income statements.
- Performed Financial Accounting analysis of all accounts receivables data, accounts payable data, general ledger, financial statement items in detail.
- Performed analysis of the annual and period values from asset accounting.
- Performed Controlling analysis of full costs on cost centers (plan, target, actual), analysis of information on the origin of the costs (allocation partner such as material number, cost center), analysis of costs broken down into cost components or costs by activity type (fixed and variable costs), analysis of the period totals for the profit and loss accounts and balance sheet accounts from Profit Center Accounting(PCA), and key figures which were loaded from the affiliated source systems.
- Performed the analysis of all transactional data from sales orders, deliveries and billing documents/invoices.
- Performed the analysis of order fulfillment from R/3 such as Delivery delays per sold-to-party, service level order/item/quantity level, item fulfillment Cycle time.
- Performed the analysis of general figures for quotations including the number of quotations created, net and gross values of the quotations, and the number of quotations rejected.
- Performed the drilling down of key figures from sales to the level of the characteristic: Sales Organization, Distribution channel, Division, Sold-to-Party, Bill-to-Party, Billing Document Number, Sales Group, Sales Employee, Sales District, Sales Office and performed the structure of receivable.
- Created reports in SD module such as sales order report, which covers all organization levels, delivery status, invoice status, shipping details and partner function details. The data was extracted from VBAP, VBPA, VBAK, VBUP, VBFA, KNA1, LIPS, VBRP, MARA, VBEP and KONV tables.
- Designed and implemented data migration from Legacy system to SAP R/3 using BDC.
- Work included studying the source data in external system and subsequently identifying and mapping the corresponding Transaction, Programs, Screens and Fields in the SAP system.
- Designed and coded a BDC program for Open Sales Orders that updated records in the sales order screen or will create new sales orders depending on the source data file from external systems using VA01 and VA02 transactions.
- Performed the Purchasing analysis of materials groups, vendors, and materials, Analysis of the purchasing activities of purchasing groups.
- Performed the Vendor evaluation analysis to compare the vendors with each other and also to check whether a certain vendor deliveries a material punctually and in the desired quantity.
- Performed the reporting using Cognos and analyzed the data for the corresponding KPIs.
SAP BI Lead Consultant.
Education and Publishing/Media
Jan 2005 to May 2005
SAP 4.6c, ECC 6.0, BW 3.5
- Involved in the Design & Construction Phase and Build & Test Phases, Fit-Gap Analysis, Process Design Documentation.
- Analyzed and reported the clients’ business requirements and processes and developed Blue Print.
- Involved in Preparation of Global calculation Tool Specifications by analyzing the business for BW.
- Involved in development of Queries using Filters, Conditions, Exceptions, Restrictions, Calculations in BEx Query Designer and BEx Web Application Designer.
- Involved in end-user training and Documentation.
- Extensively worked complete life cycle on SD, MM modules.
- In SD, have delivered the reports related to Orders, Delivery, Billing, Shipment etc.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Data Loading, Execute Workbooks, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Test.
- Extracted data using LO Cockpit, CO-PA data sources from SAP R/3 Source Systems.
- Extensively on Material Management modules (Purchasing and Inventory).
- Monitor and Support & Troubleshooting of Existing Data loads by using Process Chains.
- Resolving the tickets according to priority based created in the Remedy Tool.
- Participating in the Status meeting with the Client.
- Advising the Client regarding the Performance improvement.
- Checking data consistency and error handling.
- Close Interaction with the Content Owners and Service Line Managers for different lines of Business.
SAP BW Lead Consultant
Feb 2004 to November 2004
SAP 4.6c, ECC 6.0, BW 3.0b, ( SD, MM, FI/CO)
Involved in BI Up gradation activities:
- Worked in SAP Net Weaver BI 3.5 upgrade with sap service market place.
- Involved in Basis related issues coming in BI 3.5n and fixed the issues.
- Worked on new data acquisition capabilities (new Data Source concept, enhanced remote-access capabilities).
- Worked on new data flow capabilities like DTP (Data Transfer process), RDA (Real Time Data Acquisition) and enhanced & graphical transformation capabilities.
- Maintained Layout settings for Characteristics and key Figures.
- Involved in the Power user training.
- Provide Production Support for SAP Core.
- Implemented both Accounts Payable Line Item and Accounts Receivable line item by enhancing BI 7.0 business content.
- Implemented standard business content for BI Statistics.
- Designed and developed process chains, load schedules for loading Master and Transactional data.
- Developed flexible queries with variables using filters, Navigational attributes, Restricted Key figures, Calculated Key figures, Reusable structures and Currency translation factors in WAD to facilitate further data analysis.
- Front end reports were developed using both BEx analyzer and Web Application Designer.
- Used BI Broadcasting services for the distribution (Print & E mail) of exception reports to key business users.
- Performed Unit and Regression testing.
- Checked for inactive Update & Transfer Rules and activated the same. All inactive and update rules which are not required were deleted.
- Checked for inactive Info cubes and activated which are required and deleted which are not required.
- Ensured that all extractions and loads were completed and no requests are pending.
- Ensured that all delta queues are empty in SAP Source System.
- Tested Integrated Planning by creating a scenario using real-time info cubes, multiproviders and input-ready queries.
- Tested the ETL process with new data flow using emulated data sources. Also tested the old dataflow for the data sources which are not emulated and cannot be uploaded using new data flow process i.e. Transformations and DTP (Data Transfer Process).
- Closely worked with testing department for developing and implementing test scripts.
- Performed Unit, Integrity tests and data consistency was verified with ECC 6.0
- Created Info Sets using DSO, Info Cube and Info Objects as info providers.
SAP BW Consultant
Feb 2002 to Jan2004
SAP 4.7EE, BW 3.5, Module : Financial Reporting, SQL Server7.0and 2000
- As a BW consultant, interact with Client, carrying out all the development activities as per the requirement, resolving the issues if any and ensuring the deliverables on time
- Defined Master data and attributes (Navigational and Display).
- Created Infoobjects required and assigned.
- Created 7 ODS’s, out of which 4 are for Staging Layer and 3 for second level layer and a Cube.
- Performance issues raised during the design have been handled effectively.
- Worked on variety of reporting requirements using concepts of variable offsets, Exceptions and Conditions.
- Worked extensively on cell restrictions and creating workbooks depending on the user requirement
- Prepared Technical Specifications and Test Case Documents
- Created the Process Chains to automate the Data Loads according to client requirements.
SAP BW Consultant
September 1998 to Feb2002
SAP 4.6c, BW 3.0b, Module: SD, MM and FI
Responsibilities/Deliverables: (Support & Enhancements)
This is basically Maintenance project into Production Support which involves continuous Monitoring of loads, handling High-level prioritized tickets and also involving process improvement requests.
- Checking daily Production run as we are providing Production Support.
- Cross Verifying the Daily data load as per the checklist for ensuring the proper data upload.
- Involved in creating and solving CR’s such as Defect, operational and new functionality.
- Proposed RCA’s (Root cause analysis) to the client for the frequent failures.
- Monitoring of infopackages and analyzing the reasons for frequent failures of infopackages
- Maintain Work History for all the tickets until it is closed down
- Checking the daily time schedule for the run & ensuring that the jobs are finished within the specified time frame.
- Interacting with the clients from time to time to discuss the open issues.
- Creation of Vantives (Tickets) at the time of load failures and assigning it to the concerned user group. Also sorting out the problem if the problem is related to BW.
- Informing Clients about the Success / Failure of the loads as soon as the activity is finished.
- Involved in testing and pre production activities.
- Worked on process chains errors and rectifications.
- Worked on monitoring the loads before handing them to the client.
- Transported the objects from Dev to QA and subsequently to Productions
- Involved in user acceptance testing with users before moving to Production.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering