- Over 7 years of experience in IT and Software Application Development.
- Involved in developing applications for the Utilities, Education and Healthcare Companies.
- Highly diversified and in-depth experience in designing and developing applications using .Net Framework, C#,.Net, ASP.Net, VB 6, IIS, XML, Oracle, PLSQL Stored Procedures, SQL Server, Web services, LINQ and on windows XP / NT / 2003.
- Expertise in .Net Win Forms, Web Forms, ADO, ADO.Net, SQL, PLSQL, Web services, SOAP and AJAX.
- Good knowledge of .NET framework including WCF and MVC.
- Experience in studying project requirements at client site, including Business Process Reengineering, Functional Study, and Prototyping
- Strong knowledge of Project Management, Client Interaction & Delivery, Development and Solution Design.
- Good organizational, project execution, analytical, and communication skills.
- Quick Learner, good team player and can work individually as well in challenging environments.
- Possess excellent logical, analytical, interpersonal, communication skills and a commitment to perform in a team environment.
- Experience in coordinating, leading, team work and mentoring co developers with best practices in coding.
- Programming Languages: C#, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, VB.Net, VB, T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Microsoft Technologies: ASP, ASP.Net 1.1/2.0,/3.0/3.5, WCF
- RDBMS: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, Oracle, MS-Access
- Operating Systems: Win 9x/NT/2K/XP, Windows server 2003
- Scripting Languages: VB script, Java script, AJAX, HTML, DHTML, CSS
- IDE: MS Visual Studio - 2010, 2008, 2005, 2003
- Configuration Management: Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe and Tortoise SVN
- XML Technologies: XML, XSL, XPATH, SOAP
- Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, Infragistics Tool Library, HPQC
- Bachelor of Technology (Electronics and Communication Engineering) from Confidential, 2002
Confidential (San Diego, CA) Sr Software Engineer May 2012 - Present
Confidential is a web application developed to support SDG & E's commitment for providing customers the option to choose to share energy usage with 3rd parties of their choice.
The below given functionality has been achieved as part of the release.
Enable residential customers to share usage data with 3rd parties (Candi & Simple Energy).
Establish framework for customer enrollment in energy program with any authorized 3rd party.
Enable provisioning of interval usage data (electric) of enrolled customers to authorized 3rd party using ESPI.
- Developing the application using 3-tiered architecture involving Presentation Layer, Business Layer (Service and Business Objects) and the data access layer.
- Developing Admin web pages, which allow the admin to add new third parties and programs for the CEN project.
- Developing the Subscription web pages for the customer facing SDG & E website to enable users to enroll in the programs offered by the third parties
- Integrating the application with Log4Net Utility for application logging.
- Following AGILE team practices with SCRUM methodology
- Developing automated batch processes to send the list of customers enrolled and unenrolled to the third parties.
- Developing Email Notifications batch processes to send email notification when a program or third party is cancelled.
- Developing the Windows Authentication and Authorization system for security which allows the user to enter the application and access the resources based upon their role
- Developing the common components for Logging, handling Exceptions and Data access.
- Use Infragistics third party controls for rich user interface.
- Designing and Writing scripts for stored procedures, functions, tables and indexes in SQL Server 2008.
- Creating the test cases, moving them to test lab and running the test cases using HP Quality Center ALM.
- Demonstrating the Application to the Business Users and implementing the feedback in the system.
- Involving in Defect Creation and resolution based on the severity and supporting UAT.
- Supporting the team in resolving the issues during Production.
Confidential is a Web application developed for SDG & E intranet users which handles the transmission of data between SDG & E and ESPs (Energy Service Providers). The application can be summarized in two steps.
- ESP owned and read meter data is transmitted to SDG & E in EDI867 format, which is loaded into MDMA, validated and an MDEN is created to notify the ESP in case of a problem with the data, or else the data is sent to CISCO for billing.
- SDG & E owned and read meter data is received for shipping after billing from CISCO and sent to the ESPs for their billing purposes.
Confidential Application supports over 26% of SDG & E's non residential customers who are participating in the direct access program.
- Developing web pages for enabling the users to Download and Resend the daily and historical consumption files to the ESP Providers.
- Changing the method of Transmission of data to ESP Providers to use EDIX instead of the providers pulling the data for better security.
- Developing the difference reports to analyze the data discrepancies between the MV90 and the CISCO files.
- Developing a web service to pull the real time Meter Data from CISCO using WCF.
- Testing all the new features in the system using HP Quality Center ALM.
- Creating Test cases and resolving them supporting UAT.
- Providing Production support to resolve the defects that arise day to day.
Confidential (Bellevue, WA) Software Engineer May 2011 - Nov 2011
Confidential has a product for customer service called Customer Spaces. PSE provides customizations on this product based on the client requirements. Bioware, a gaming company, needed customization of this product to work as ticketing system. Ticketing system provides a workspace for the customer service agents to view all the tickets created by the customers and work on them towards resolution.
- Analyzing the requirements and designing the Ticketing system.
- Identifying the points of interface for the Ticketing System with the Customer Spaces product.
- Designing the Database and writing scripts to create tables, stored procedures and indexes.
- Developing Windows Ticketing service using WCF and C# which handles all the business logic and database interactions.
- Integrating the Ticketing system with the Customer Spaces product.
- Interacting with Testing team to ensure quality of the product and resolving defects.
- Coordinating with the Product development team in developing the APIs for the integration of the Ticketing System with the Product.
- Providing demos to the client and the Product development teams and implement feedback provided by them
- Coordinating with the off shore team in completing the deliverables.
- Mentoring and reviewing the junior team members in completion of the deliverables.
Confidential (Hyderabad, India) Programmer Analyst Oct' 2007 - Jun'2008
ETX Project Information Management System
The primary goal of this project is to share data/documents/ information across various departments in the East Texas Major project. This enables the ETXMP to bring in collaboration across various teams through effective information sharing and improve the operational efficiencies. This project mainly consists of three streams - Collaboration Portal, Web GIS, Electronic Document Management System (EDMS). Web GIS enables the users to visualize the oil and gas network information and assets owned by BP and provides the information about them. This is integrated with EDMS to maintain and access the various documents related to these assets. Collaboration portal enables the users across various departments to access information maintained across various departments through a single user interface.
- Analyzing the requirements of the Web GIS and developing Proof of Concept.
- Coordinating with the onsite team in understanding the requirements and delivering the module.
- Supporting the team in preparing the Design and Test documents.
- Preparing the strategy for testing seamless integration of the GIS with the EDMS and Portal modules
- Developing the Web GIS solution using C# and Arc GIS Server suite.
- Developing and executing test cases for unit testing and integration testing
- Coordinating with the EDMS and Collaboration Portal teams for integration
- Estimation of efforts and preparation of project schedule
- Managing the team members, monitoring and tracking the work progress towards deliverables and reporting status to the Project Manager.
- Ensuring the team in adhering to design & development procedures of the project.
- Monitoring the adherence to the quality standards
Environment: C#, ASP.NET 2.0, Arc GIS Server 9.2, MOSS 2007, Documentum, Oracle 10g, Windows XP & Windows 2000 Server.
Confidential (Hyderabad, India) Sr. Software Engineer Oct'2003 - Jun'2007
Enterprise wide IT solution for NWSDB - Sri Lanka
This project is a complete ERP solution in the Water Utility domain. This enables the Water board to facilitate its customers with best of services in terms of water delivery and convenience of payments, improve the operational efficiencies and bring in accountability and transparency into all the subsystems of the board and streamline the processes and monitor the progress of works. It includes various modules like Consumer Information System, Consumer Grievances System, Billing & Recovery System, Asset Management System, Inventory Management System, Supplies & Purchases, Employee Management System, Payroll, EIS and FAS.
- Primarily responsible for handling Billing & Recovery System and UI Framework modules.
- Business Process Reengineering of the Billing & Recovery Processes.
- Gathering the requirements of the Billing & Recovery Processes.
- Architecting, Designing and developing of the Billing & Recovery module.
- Presenting prototype of Billing & Recovery module to the customer.
- Design and Development of UI framework for web application development using ASP.Net and C#.
- Preparing the Test Plan, Test effort estimation and testing schedule.
- Preparing the Test cases and building a traceability matrix to map test cases with the requirements.
- Preparing and Reviewing the Test data.
- Developing and executing test scripts including documenting test results and reporting defects using a defect tracking system.
- Creating and executing System Integration testing and User Acceptance testing plans.
- Monitoring the testing team in delivering the test deliverables on time.
- Coordinating with the Development team in fixing the bugs
- Monitoring the test results and conducting the defect resolution meetings on daily basis and following up the action points of the meeting.
- Managing the team members, scheduling tasks, monitoring and tracking the work progress towards deliverables and reporting status to the Project Manager.
- Ensuring that the teams follow the processes to meet the audit requirements
- Advocating coding and testing standards and development process improvements like advocating peer reviews and check-list process in all phases
- Imparting domain understanding to cross functional teams and mentoring new joiners.
Environment: C#, ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server, IIS 5.0, NUnit, Cruise Control, NHiberate, Visual Studio 7.0 & 8.0, AJAX, and Windows XP & Windows 2000 Server.
This software automates the issue and maintenance of medical health polices and claims of the Third Party Administration processes in the medical health insurance domain. It includes the following six modules: Policy enrollment & renewals, Claims & Reimbursement, Policy document Information, Policy master information, Networked Hospital master information and Grievances.
- Architecting, Designing and Development of the software using C# and .Net.
- Establishing the design & development procedures of the project.
- Preparing the System Test Plan and User Acceptance Test Plan.
- Understanding the requirements and preparing the Test cases.
- Executing the Test cases and preparing Test reports.
- Managing the team members, scheduling the module work and meeting deliverables.
- Coordinating with the Development team in tracking and fixing the defects.
- Providing support during User Acceptance Testing
- Preparing the User manual for the software.
Environment: C#, .Net Framework 1.0, ASP.NET 1.0, MS SQL Server, IIS 5.0, Visual Studio 7.0, MS Project and Windows XP & Windows 2000 Server
Confidential software automates the transfer of data from one network node to another and installs the software automatically. The core modules in this software are CICO-Communicator and CICO-Installer. The CICO-Communicator compresses & secures the data into one or more packages, establishes network connection between nodes, builds the network hierarchy configurations and transmits data packages between nodes. The CICO-Installer, based on the Meta data information of package, creates schedule for installation of the package and installs the package at the scheduled time.
- Implemented .Net Remoting and dialup connection component.
- Implemented Factory, Singleton Template Design Patterns.
- Integrating CICO-Communicator and CICO-Installer modules.
- Developed CICO-Communicator and scheduler components
- Developed dynamic generation of installer setup configuration using Nant.
Environment: C# (win forms), .Net, XML, ADO.Net, .Net Remoting, Nant, Windows 2000
Employee Management System
Employee Management System is an in-house project that caters to the automation of Employee Recruitment process, Employee Appraisals Process, Employee Training Process, Employee Attendance Process, Employee Payroll Process and Electronic-Log. The main aim is to develop this software is to provide an efficient and systematic procedure in recruiting and managing the employees.
- Gather application requirements from various departments and sections.
- Design and develop the application.
- Coordinate with Managerfor Scope and Project Plans to meet the deadlines.
- Develop Web based report component.
- Integrate all the modules and sub-modules into single application and deploy application onto the server.
- Testing and implementation of the software
- Technical documentation of the software
Environment: ASP.NET 1.0, .NET, ADO.NET, MS SQL, HTML, Java script, IIS, Windows 2000, Crystal Reports
Confidential (Hyderabad, India) Software Programmer Dec' 2002 - Sep' 2003
Accounting System is and in-house project that helps the organization in the maintenance of Purchases, deliveries, financial transactions and movement of inventory in the organization. All the necessary reports required for the maintenance and monitoring the above operations are generated from the system.
- Develop the application according to the requirements.
- Testing of the solution
- Implementation of the software
- Microsoft Certified Professional in Web Applications Development using C#
- Received Best Module award for developing and winning the customer approval for Billing System.
- Received excellence award for leading the team in giving the deliverables on scheduled time