Looking for a full time position in information technology field for a software engineer.
Help Desk Teaching Assistant, Confidential, January 2010 – May 2011
- Assist undergraduate student in their coursework, mostly lower level courses.
Student Specialist,†Confidential May 2010 – May 2011
- Assist professor in collecting his publication and cross-reference files in the publication via EndNote.
Panama Canal Air Photo Projects, Confidential, CakePHP, CSS, JQuery, MySQL, Photoshop
- Performed requirement analysis and design, designed the database and webpage.
- Performed the coding based upon the analysis and design.
Software Engineer,†Confidential, Nepal July 2008 – June 2009
General Accounting Software, Video Rental Software C#.NET 2005, MS SQL 2005, Crystal Report
- User requirement were analyzed and translated into design.
- Coding was implemented using three-tiered architecture.
- Crystal Reports used for generating reports in General Accounting software.
Confidential- Joomla, Magento, PHPBB, MySql
- Web application that integrates forum, ecommerce application and content management system.
- Joomla was used to manage the contents for the whole application.
- Magento was used to list the products for the application and PHPBB was used to manage the discussion forum.
- Modules were built in Joomla to fetch Magento and third party module was used to fetch contents from PHPBB.
- Responsibilities were to integrated PHPBB forum and build a Magento module in Joomla.
- A discussion site that was previously developed using basic PHP coding was upgraded using CodeIgniter.
- The upgrade was carried out just for the front-end (portion which is visible by the end-user).
- Responsibilities were to carry out all the upgrades for the site.
Confidential -CodeIgniter, MySql
- Web application for getting the customer cloth measurements through the front-end that would be read on the back-end, based on which the admin could tailor the clothes based on the cloth’s type and measurement.
- Responsibilities was analyzing the customer requirements, designing the database and coding mostly on the front-end section of the site including some portions of the backend.
Software Engineer,Confidential-Nepal August 2007 - June 2008
- Most of the sites developed were for travel and tourism companies in Nepal.
- For some of the sites general PHP coding technique was used but later on an in-house CMS was used to manage the contents of all the sites.
- www.nepalnomad.com, www.planholidays.com, www.travel-xp.org, etc.
Part time Software Engineer,†Confidential-Nepal August 2006 - April 2007
Payroll Management System,
Mining License Database Visual Basic 6, MS Access and Crystal Reports
- Implemented detailed system analysis and design, based on which the coding was done.
- Involved in upgrading the project requirements based on clients’ requirements.
Huntsville, Al Confidential January 2009 – May 2011
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, May 2011 GPA 3.889
Huntsville, Al Confidential August 2009 - December 2009
- Masters of Science in Computer Information Science, May 2011 GPA 4.0
Dhulikhel, Nepal Confidential August 2003 - August 2007
- Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Engineering, August 2007 GPA 3.38
Graduate Coursework: Client-Server Architecture, Database Administration, Database Management
Undergraduate Coursework: Operating Systems, Algorithms, Compiler, Calculus
Environment Monitor(.NET Remoting). Client/server architecture system where users can see different data’s such as temperature, water quality, air quality, etc of two lakes based on the user inputs using .NET.†
Environment Monitor (CORBA). Client/server architecture system where users can see different data’s such as temperature, water quality, air quality, etc of two lakes based on the user inputs using MicoORB.
Lexical Parser(Python). Parser used to tokenize the code given by the user into identifiers, keywords, integer, floats, etc.
E-Pasal(PHP, AJAX, MySQL). An AJAX based ecommerce system to buy and sell things.
E-book Reader(C# .Net 2003). Book library, allowing users to store the books in the computer as a library and read the books stored in the library using a reader.
LANGUAGE AND TECHNOLOGIES