- Over 4 years of extensive work experience as a SQL Server Developer and in depth proficient experience in OLTP, Operational Data Source (ODS), Dimension Modeling, Data warehouse, OLAP and Database technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, developing and deploying Business Intelligence solutions using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Over 3 years of extensive experience in developing Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, XML and Complex Queries on SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
- Over 2 years extensive reporting experience using SSRS and Crystal Reports, MS Reporting Services and MS ACCESS.
- Over 2 years experience in utilizing ETL tools, including SSIS, DTS and Data Stage and ETL Package design.
- Over 1 years experience in SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) in SQL 2005 and SQL 2008.
- Extensive experience in using SQL Server Profiler to monitor the SQL server for deadlocks, long running queries and tune the same to improve performance.
- Have worked with technologies and tools like Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 9i/10g,
SQL*Loader, TOAD, Erwin 3.5.2/4.0.5, MS Access 97/2000, Crystal Reports 7.0/8.0, UNIX and Perl Scripting.
- Proven ability in utilizing ETL tools including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and ETL package design.
- Experience in SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) in SQL 2005 and SQL Server 2008
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI’s & MDX Queries using SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services.
- Broad experience in Query Optimization and performance tuning of stored procedures, functions etc.
- Extensive experience in ETL design/development using MS DTS and SSIS Packages.
- Extensive experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from both relational databases and OLAP cubes.
- Proven background translating cell formulas in Excel into VBA code and using Excel-based VBA to design, analyze, and deploy programs for finance industry.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as Tuning, Backup,
Restoration and Disaster Recovery.
- Worked on MSIIS supporting files and multiple connections and solved the slowness of server.
- Excellent understanding of Relational Database Systems, Normalization, logical and physical data modeling for OLTP and dimensional modeling for OLAP.
- Solid experience in Replication Services, Database mirroring and Log shipping to ensure high availability and up time.
- Data migration using DTS services across different databases like Oracle, MS access 2003 and flat Files.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Analysis, Design, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance.
- Exposure in using Team Foundation Server as a source control, source repository and project tracking solution.
SQL Server Tools Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio,DTS,SSIS,SSRS,SSAS,Database MS SQL Server 2008,2005, 2000,Oracle, MS-Access. Language C,C++,HTML,XML,TSQL,UML,,DHTML,PERL,VB.NET,ASP,C#, MSIIS, SAP BPC 5.1,CRM Operating System Windows XP/NT/2000/2003/2008, Unix, DOS.Tools Erwin Data Modeler, MS Visio, AS/Access, Crystal Reports XI,R2
Architecture Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLAP, OLTP
Work Experience: Veteran Affairs Medical Center,Baltimore,MD. Jun 10 to Current
- Knowledge in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business
Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for
Developing Cubes using MDX.
- Developed Multi dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Access
database, Excel spreadsheet and flat files into SQL server 2005 for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Worked with a commercial software company on a large re-engineering and defect-removal project involving a large MS Access application — 120K SLOC, approximately 200 Tables, 200 Forms, and 200 Reports.
- Create VBA programs to automatically update Excel workbooks, encompassing class and program
modules and external data queries.
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and Support
of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using SQL Server SSIS and DTS.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables
with incremental load.
- Design, Customization and implementation of Microsoft CRM 4.0.
- Provide architecture and consulting services for Business Intelligence and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 projects.
- Created VBA programs to automatically update EXCEL workbooks, encompassing class and program modules and external data queries.
- Used SSIS 2008 to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data
to Data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Wrote SQL-script logic for database deployment on customer computers.
- Migrated database from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008 using utilities i.e. exp/imp and
Attach/detach for SQL servers 2005 futures.
- Worked on System_Constants.lgf which Stores constant values for use within script logic.
- Developed Custom Reports using SSRS/SQL server BI studio.
- Build the SSRS environment for both Dev and test servers based on the individual client needs.
- Created Datasets in T-SQL, stored procedures for SSRS.
- Created Reports in SSRS with different type of properties like Chart controls, filters, Interactive sorting, SQL parameters etc.
- Created Dashboards in SSRS 2008.
- Constructed OLTP and OLAP Databases.
SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, VB.NET, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Profiler, UNIX, Sybase, CRM4.0,MS Access 2003, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Work Experience: Dept of Public Policy, Confidential,Baltimore, MD. Jan 08 to May 10
- Analyze business models, logical specifications, and user requirements to design and test solutions for application environment.
- Employ activity and data modeling, transaction/workflow analysis, internal control and risk analysis, and performance-measurement techniques.
- Defined disaster recovery plan, recommended options, and created user manual.
- Led tool evaluation, Prepare reports, studies, and documentation.
- Design and develop tables and ER diagrams using Access Database.
- Created VBA programs to automatically update the database tables through Access Forms.
- The project involves 40 tables,10 forms and 20 reports.
- Design and develop Access Forms and Reports for the end users to query the database.
Environment: MS ACCESS 2003
Master’s Degree in Information Systems,