Summary of Qualifications:
Highly accomplished and creative, exhibiting visionary “out of the box” thinking to achieve results in managing people as well as tasks. Effectual leader with proven ability to develop a project plan and communicate/motivate employees to achieve plan tasks. Talent for proactively identifying and resolving issues curtail cost overruns, control scope creep, reduce employee turnover, manage expectations and produce products on time and within budget. Certified in Microsoft technologies but also verse in other technologies.
- Performance Management
- Organizational Development
- Process/Performance Improvements
- Resource Management/Delegation
- Problem Resolution
Confidential, 2009 to present
Director of Application Development
As a hands on manager, responsible for management of a small software development team (5 people) in migrating existing legacy application to .NET as well as creating innovative solutions to satisfy customer needs and acquire new clients. Duties include formulating and standardizing processes in order to be SAS-70 compliant.Also involved in team dynamic as team lead, lead architect\\designer\\developer, and DBA\\data modeler.
- Multiple outdated software applicationswere hindering the growth of the company. Main role was team leader of 5 team members, as well as consulting group, but also worked in other roles: lead architect, lead developer, and DBA in full life-cycle redesign of legacy Access and Delphi software applications. These applications were transformed to a state of the art WinForms application, utilizing .NET4.0, C#, SQL Server 2008 R2, Infragistics controls, Crystal and SQL Server Reporting Services. Resulted in a productivity increase of 50% as well as a single development platform for the developers and consistency and familiarity for the users.
- A lack of formal processes for software development was cause for cost overruns and delayed releases as well as violating SAS-70 rules. Formulated, and documented, processes for software development and implemented them prior to SAS-70 audit. These processes were reviewed by the outside, independent audit team and accepted as within SAS-70 guidelines.
Confidential, 2008 to 2009
Worked with Store Systems Support team to implement new store signage system. This system involved a custom ASP.NET application interfacing with AccessVia HQ Sign Shop (corporate application) and Web dSign Shop (store accessible web application) to produce custom product sales signage for each store in the chain.
- Primary role was ETL developer responsible for developing and implementing SQL Server 2005 stored procedures that supplied the necessary data from SAP and JDA import tables to the HQ Sign Shop application. In addition, responsible for custom SQL Server 2005 stored procedures needed to export data from HQ Sign Shop into Web dSign Shop to fulfill specific business rules for producing promotional, regular, and clearance signs for products.
- Maintained ASP.NET application that allowed corporate users to access SAP data and create various weekly sales promotions in order to transform the data to the necessary format for printing in HQ Sign Shop. The ASP.NET application was written in C#, AJAX, and SQL Server 2005
Confidential,2007 to 2008
Worked with a team to migrate a legacy ordering system from 2-tier client\\server application to an n-tier, OOP, SOA application in order to centralize data, lower maintenance costs, and provide better business intelligence metrics.
- In a cost-cutting move, the company formed an agreement with external vendor for procuring parts for maintenance and repair of hospital equipment. As a result, outdated 2-tier custom logistics application needed to be migrated to SOA application in order to communicate with external vendor’s web service. The redesign was developed using .NET 3.5, WCF, VB.NET, C#, OOP, and SQL Server 2005.
- Primary role was WCF developer responsible for developing and implementing the web service calls to the external vendor and coordinating testing of our web services making outbound calls to their system as well as testing the subsequent asynchronous inbound calls from their system.
- Fulfilled different roles in the life-cycle development, other than main role of developer, based upon timelines and the need to assist others including architecture consultations, UI consultations, DBA assistance, and project management.
Confidential, Batavia, IL 2006 to 2007
Director of Software Development
Responsible for management of 5 12 person software development team in maintaining existing packaged software products as well as creating innovative solutions to satisfy customer needs.
- Outdated packaged software application hindering speed and efficiency of client users. Main role was team\\department leader of 5-12 but also worked in other roles: architect, developer, and DBA in redesign of VB6 enterprise level order entry application used by manufacturers and distributors of horticultural materials. The full life-cycle redesign was created in .NET 2.0, VB.NET, Infragistics controls, and SQL Server 2005. Resulted in a productivity increase by increasing efficiency and reducing data entry errors.
- Integrate Biz Talk 2006 to automate order transfers and entries into new ordering system.
- State nursery association lacked effective inventory information sharing. Develop and design a web site to allow inventory totals to be shared between members. The application was designed using .NET 2.0, VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX.NET, OOP, SQL Server, and Infragistics web controls.
Confidential, Ottawa, IL2003 to 2006
Chief Software Architect/Project Manager
Responsible for management of 5 - 12 person software development teamin converting legacy system and integrating with 3rd party applications.Extensive duties in improving departmental processes and performance while reducing overhead and cost overruns.
- Outdated software application hindering growth of company. Main role was team leader of 5-12 but also worked in other roles: architect, developer, and DBAin full life-cycle redesign of legacy FoxPro software application to state of the art WinForms application, utilizing .NET, C#, .NET Remoting, SQL Server 2005, OOP, and Reporting Services. Resulted in a productivity increase of 70% and labor cost reduction of 30%.
- Outdated network infrastructure could not support company growth, software development, as well as new software applications. Purchased new server hardware and installed Windows 2003 server network, which increased productivity 80% and reduced maintenance costs 40% within the first 6 months.
- With a need to reduce costs enterprise-wide, migrated email functions from external vendor to in-house hardware within 60 days. As a result, saving the company 95% of the cost of email messaging annually.
- Determined need to customize 3rd party software in order to avoid loss of productivity and higher retraining costs. Within 90 days, negotiated a partnership with software company to customize software and integrate changes to the product in exchange for free licenses. Saved the company hundreds of thousands of dollars in license fees and customization costs annually.
- Inconsistent communication between the sales force in the field and executive management required a new CRM application solution. Within 90 days, negotiated a deal for discounted license fees with software vendor that resulted in 30% savings in fees and 50% increase in productivity within the first 6 months.
Confidential,Burr Ridge, IL 1998 to 2003
Senior Software Architect
As a consultant working for many clients in many industries (Finance, Retail, Health), fulfilled different roles based upon client need from Sr. Developer to Sr. Architect to Project Manager. Involved with full life-cycle development of various projects from Analysis, Architecture, Development through Testing and Implementation.
- Competitor had developed a web-based solution that was causing customers to transfer accounts to them. Led a team at Zurich Insurance in full life-cycle design of .NET, C#, OOP, SQL Server web-based application within 90 days. Resulted in a reduction of customer migration within 6 months.
- Simple changes to retirement plans were tying up customer service representatives unnecessarily for Kemper Insurance. Part of a team that designed a .NET, C#, OOP, SQL Server web application, in 90 days, that allows customers to make changes to their retirement plans over the internet which reduced customer service calls by 30% within the first 12 months.
- Customer information needed to be available to every store outlet. Part of a team at Sears that designed a .NET, C#, OOP, SQL Server web-based application, in 4 months, that stores customer information in a central database thus reducing unnecessary calls to other stores for customer information
- Customer comments and suggestions were not being tracked efficiently or effectively. Part of a team that designed a Java, EJB, OOP, Oracle web application for the VHA that tracks customer feedback. Customer satisfaction increased as did the quality of care of patients.
Confidential,Naperville, IL1995 to 1998
As a consultant working for many clients in many industries (Retail, Distribution), fulfilled the Senior Developer role for clients.
- Costs were spiraling out of control for printed copies of an electronic parts catalog. Member of team that designed, in 4 months, and produced, in 12 months, a CD version of the catalog that saved 80% in printing costs in the first 18 months
Hewitt Associates- Lincolnshire, IL 1994 to 1995Consultant
Analyzed, coded, and maintained various COBOL and CICS programs using VSAM.
Arthur Andersen SC- Chicago, IL 1993 to 1994Consultant
Worked as a developer on a financial and organizational software system
Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting
Certifications: (MCPD, MCSD.NET, MCSD-VB6)
70-553 UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 1
70-554 UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 2
70-300Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft.NET Solution Architectures
70-315 Designing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C#
70-316 Designing and Implementing Windows-based applications with Microsoft Visual C#
70-320 Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C#
70-229 Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
Technology Skill Set:Microsoft:
C#/VB.NET (most recent v.4.0)
.NET Remoting/Web Services
Oracle 9i AS:
Visual Basic 5.0/6.0
Oracle 9i Jdeveloper
SQL Server (most recent v.2008)
Wise InstallBuilder 7.0
Java SDK 1.3
Crystal Reports 6.5/8.0
Oracle 9i Database
Oracle 9i AS:
TFS Source Control
SQL Server (most recent v.2008)
SSRS (most recent v.2008)