- Experienced in all aspects of creating applications for major mid - west retailer with over 236 stores and 20 distribution centers.
- Worked on Pricing & Promotion Team that created and maintained 40+ applications that set regular, promotional and clearance prices.
- Collecting Requirements
- Customer Review
- Project Lead
- SQL Server
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- Agile/Waterfall Methodologies
- DB2, Oracle, Teradata
- DevExpress, WPF, MVVM, Unix
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
Senior .NET Developer
- Served as an Agile team member, coding validation for request and reception of vendor clearance marks thus saving labor costs and increasing accuracy.
- Added new Product Group tab in WPF application using MVVM that created promotions in bulk rather than individually.
- Led six-person team tasked with automating store shelf sign creation. In addition, coded set of SQL Server stored procedures that created promotions. This project involved the creation of a background program that delivered data to other systems with design focused on re-start-ability, performance and logging. Delivered on time and created a 5% sales lift.
- Designed WPF winform using MVVM that reported pricing violations. The multi-tab application maintained a list of escalation roles, sending an email. This project involved working with a contractor to code and trouble-shoot any issues.
- Moved source code from Clearcase to TFS for 150 projects, setting up continuous integration build definitions.
- Administered TFS source control which involved establishing branching strategy, setting access and trouble-shooting problems.
- Coordinated weekly migration of entire suite of Pricing and Promotion applications.
- Created Top 10 Pricing Overrides web page used to identify products and stores that had high instances of cashier price overrides. This drill-down ASP.NET page used a web service to collect information from SQL Server and Teradata.
- Led requirement meetings with customers and created high and low-level specifications for the Link Group application. Coded parts and also worked with offshore contractors and tested their code. Link Group application was three-tier application that included automated background processing. Value provided was setting same price for similar products.
- Coded application that tracked arrival and departure of trucks on Meijer distribution properties. Major benefit was preventing misplacement of trucks with perishable products, which had meant $10’s of $1,000’s of dollars lost per trailer.
Quality Assurance Test Analyst
- Wrote and executed test cases for suite of cross-docking applications that managed distribution center inventory.
- Led small team that created set of automated tests to handle 20 applications that managed inventory. These tested interdependency between apps and guarded against systemic failure.
- Conducted Unix Server failover testing.